Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lafayette 11-19-18

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Since I am here healing up from some eye surgery it is nice to at least be able to see that beautiful golden colored monster. Hope it gets a bunch of your smoking ability added to it for sure. Thanks for taking us for the ride as well, we all get to see how you folks did.....Jetspray
    Thanks Jetspray! Hope your eyes heal quickly!!!

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Nice report and great pics as always. I never even heard of lightening trout until recently. Have never caught one. I assume the taste like other trout?
    Yes they taste the same as regular trout.

4. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and great pics as always. I never even heard of lightening trout until recently. Have never caught one. I assume the taste like other trout?
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

6. Likes mikeandkristy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Lafayette 11-19-18

Since I am here healing up from some eye surgery it is nice to at least be able to see that beautiful golden colored monster. Hope it gets a bunch of your smoking ability added to it for sure. Thanks for taking us for the ride as well, we all get to see how you folks did.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes mikeandkristy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lafayette 11-19-18

A quick dip in Lafayette reservoir. 11-19-18
    First trip in almost a year. We were worried about the smoke from the fires but it wasn't too bad. Someone left a couple of N95 masks in the rental boat but we didn't need them. Thank you though!
    Mike and I hit the water about 7am. Had the whole lake mostly to ourselves. Picked up a nice Lassen trout early and then a double shortly after.
    Then Mike's pole gets slammed and I see gold! Don't lose it.... Don't lose it!!!!! And I net him up a nice 19" lightning trout and his very first to boot!
    Our last fish of the day but so satisfying!!! We didn't even know they had planted them before we got there today. So awesome!
    The bite slowed and we cut out early. Had a sweet lunch at the Walnut Creek yacht club before heading home.
    Just the start of the trout bite at Lafayette! Looking forward to going back soon with our fishing friends!!!!
    M&K
    https://youtu.be/2-rfxwOeCW0

Last edited by mikeandkristy; 11-19-2018 at 03:37 PM.