Post Thanks / Like

Re: where can i fish?

I would like to thank everyone for the info. unfortunately.
    I did not bring any wet weather gear and ended up hurting my back sliding down a hill. I don't know what hurt more. my back or snapping my pole. oh well, be back up there in January. good luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all info. if parking is that bad ill probably hump it in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    You can fish the AR anywhere below the cable crossing at Ancil Hoffman Park. You can also use a barbed hook if your so inclined. Take a look at River Bend Park. There are a few good drifts on the north end of the park.
    There are a lot of places west of Ancil Hoffman park (down river). Check out the American River parkway on a map. You have to pay (self pay) to park inside most all of the parkway. Also, Don't leave anything of ANY value in your car or visible as break-ins are unfortunately common. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

• Quote Originally Posted by cardead View Post
      question. can sunrise park be fished? and if not where in that area? reason being is I'm driving 6 hours and looking for a spot to fish. would like to fish 30 minutes around the Sacramento area. any info would be grateful

You can fish the AR anywhere below the cable crossing at Ancil Hoffman Park. You can also use a barbed hook if your so inclined. Take a look at River Bend Park. There are a few good drifts on the north end of the park.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be staying around in the Folsom area
    on iron point. how would I get there from that location?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardead View Post
    question. can sunrise park be fished? and if not where in that area? reason being is I'm driving 6 hours and looking for a spot to fish. would like to fish 30 minutes around the Sacramento area. any info would be grateful
    Lots of people fish from the east bank just south of the Freeport bridge on the Sacramento river. When the fish are there the bank fishermen do pretty good. The season is open until the middle of December.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardead View Post

Closed. The barbless section is closed after October 31st and reopens the first of January. Might want to read the regs on it though, I wouldn't trust the words of someone off the internet to hold up in court if something was inaccurate. Good luck if you fish lower.

8. Likes Chrome Seeker, Troutbead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

where can i fish?