Thread: Pyramid 11-26

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pyramid 11-26

Quote Originally Posted by dr.fish View Post
    I am in the same "boat" with a long drive. I use Windfinder and find them pretty accurate
    Me too, but I still envy Ivan, Bill, and Don. Pyramid is their local lake. I have Topaz for myself, Tahoe is just too expensive to use much.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I have farther to drive than you do, so the weather sites are a great help. It is imperative that I see light winds in the morning with few later, you never know how it will actually be, but it helps to have some foresight into the weather that day. I have to drive 95 miles to tow a boat and spend two days there (I do not wish to spend 2 hrs on the road, 4 hrs on the water, and 2 hrs driving home). So as a result of driving that puts me in the category of fishing from a boat, or fishing from the shore. Ivan I know you meant well, but many come from other places that are not so close (mine is 95 miles from my doorstep to Pelican beach launch). Great post though keep them coming......Jetspray
    I am in the same "boat" with a long drive. I use Windfinder and find them pretty accurate

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iln143 View Post
    The wind was cold and blowing a stedy 15 out of the south with small white caps until about 1230 then it was calm and flat. I almost called it a day early but toughed it out. Glad we did. The weather guys were wrong again. They said light wind and sunny! B.S.!
    I have farther to drive than you do, so the weather sites are a great help. It is imperative that I see light winds in the morning with few later, you never know how it will actually be, but it helps to have some foresight into the weather that day. I have to drive 95 miles to tow a boat and spend two days there (I do not wish to spend 2 hrs on the road, 4 hrs on the water, and 2 hrs driving home). So as a result of driving that puts me in the category of fishing from a boat, or fishing from the shore. Ivan I know you meant well, but many come from other places that are not so close (mine is 95 miles from my doorstep to Pelican beach launch). Great post though keep them coming......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Don. The new prop it much better. I am getting 5100 rpms and 18.5 mph with 2 people. I am talking to the prop guy today. Just a small tweak and it will be perfect . I need to be at 5500 to 6000 rmp according to the manual .
    There were alot of shore guys but not until you hit the 2nd cove North of Spider. There were about 15 in there then steady to warriors.
    2007 Crestliner 15 Canadian Mercury 25 4 stroke electric troller & Hobbie Pro Angler 14 ......Fish beware!!

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The wind was cold and blowing a stedy 15 out of the south with small white caps until about 1230 then it was calm and flat. I almost called it a day early but toughed it out. Glad we did. The weather guys were wrong again. They said light wind and sunny! B.S.!
    2007 Crestliner 15 Canadian Mercury 25 4 stroke electric troller & Hobbie Pro Angler 14 ......Fish beware!!

8. Likes okie, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yelrdog13 View Post
    Thanks for the report how was the weather and the wind ?
    Look here and you can find as much information as you can or just call Crosby's Lodge for information......Jetspray

http://finaddicts.us/smf/forums/inde....msg150140#new

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iln143 View Post
    Hit Pyramid today with Dave. Hooks and Okie were busy! We fished Separator to South Nets then ran up to just north of Spider and trolled to the Willows for a total of 16 fish. 1 over 24 inches. All in 20 to 50 feet of water.

Thanks Ivan. Fishing seems to be picking up. How is the new prop working out for you? Did you notice an increase in the number of shore anglers?
    Catch ya later ... hooks

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to to guy's. I've got to get up there after this next little storm blows through. Supposed to have snow on the valley floor so I'm sure Pyramid will get some too and that may improve the shore fishing.

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report how was the weather and the wind ?

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pyramid 11-26

Hit Pyramid today with Dave. Hooks and Okie were busy! We fished Separator to South Nets then ran up to just north of Spider and trolled to the Willows for a total of 16 fish. 1 over 24 inches. All in 20 to 50 feet of water.

17. Likes RideNfish, Jetspray, okie, MKE, hooks liked this post