Thread: Motherlode Help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motherlode Help

Thanks all for the advice. Slow day of fishing, but the weather was excellent. Managed two trout - one to about 18 inches, one 13, and two ditch pickles. One on speedy shiner and one on a dodger crawler combination. Fish seemed to prefer a slower speed.

HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    Two of my friends have trolled melones in the last week and I think another guy whos a member here is out there today. They've all struck out on trout. Don Pedro is kicking out limits for the guys trolling there.
    Same experience here..been doin well at Pedro but nothing at Melonies..was out at Melonies again today for 6 hours for nothing..trolled from the surface down to 100' and caught nothin but pickles

3. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hungryhooker View Post
    Thank you all for the tips / advice. Headed to Camanche - I'll report back later today.
    If your fishing with 4 lines out you might have some good results, but if your using two lines and you get 2 that's a great day for Camanche at this time. Good Luck :)
    Last edited by EddieTee; 12-08-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the tips / advice. Headed to Camanche - I'll report back later today.

6. Likes Waterdog, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Camanche: The Lightening Trout are ONLY Planted in the South Shore Pond, Not in the Main Lake!!! The Narrows have not been working so far this Fall. :( Robbie

8. Likes RideNfish, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two of my friends have trolled melones in the last week and I think another guy whos a member here is out there today. They've all struck out on trout. Don Pedro is kicking out limits for the guys trolling there.

10. Likes RideNfish, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at Camanche on Monday. No love in the narrows. Trolled the main part of the lake following the old river bed in water 80 to 100 deep.Trolled speedy shiners between surface and down to 20. 2.5 to 3 mph. Two of us came home with 8 trout. Trolled a rebel minnow on the surface but no takers.
    Theyve been planting Camanche heavily so the trout are there. Was hoping to catch one of the lightening trout they planted but no luck. Only 5 truck and boat trailers in the south shore parking lot, fishing pressure is light.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

12. Likes Trickytrucker, MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Motherlode Help

Any sniffers out there having success in the Motherlode area these days? Thinking of trying Camanche...wondering if the grub bite has turned on in the narrows yet. Any advice? Other lakes that you'd recommend?

Thanks

HH