Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Tarnished Dodgers and Lures

If they have any type of tape on them a dishwasher will be damaging to that in some cases. I use a scrub daddy and dawn on some of my stuff that flashes. Main thing is the more you scrub the more is exposed. I agree with Steve about the clear coat or any type of add on causing a discolor to the finish....Jetspray

https://scrubdaddy.com/
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tarnished Dodgers and Lures

Thanks Stretch! I will give that a try.

Some of these items have been out of production for 30 years, but I would like to get them back in production as they have been handed down to me.

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tarnished Dodgers and Lures

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I am curious if any of you have any recommendations for cleaning up old tarnished fenders, dodgers and lures?
    Run them through you dishwasher, clean up any remaining bad areas with 0000 steel wool and then clear coat them with a clear poly urethane. Don't get carried away with the clear coat or they will take on a yellow tinge.

5. Likes Waterdog, Dbigone, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tarnished Dodgers and Lures

I am curious if any of you have any recommendations for cleaning up old tarnished fenders, dodgers and lures?

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post