Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Lowrance Elite 9 Ti2 Installed with Two Transducers...Why?

Go with the newer transducer. It’s what you paid for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    From a technology point of view, the WSBL transducer is ancient. It works great but have the internals been updated at all the past few years.

The "3 in 1" is the newer version of the Totalscan, so I would assume has newer tech inside. It's marketed as having better DI, SI and 2D than the previous Totalscan (which I have been happy with). Again would assume the 2D part would be better than the older tech WSBL (unless that has also been updated).

But again, I am making assumptions that newer = better and updated technology

ReelJerks would probably be able to answer the tech and spec's questions.
    Great input! Your perspective is one I hadn’t thought about. Makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fishing, I throw myself away and find myself again and again.

Post Thanks / Like

From a technology point of view, the WSBL transducer is ancient. It works great but have the internals been updated at all the past few years.

The "3 in 1" is the newer version of the Totalscan, so I would assume has newer tech inside. It's marketed as having better DI, SI and 2D than the previous Totalscan (which I have been happy with). Again would assume the 2D part would be better than the older tech WSBL (unless that has also been updated).

But again, I am making assumptions that newer = better and updated technology

ReelJerks would probably be able to answer the tech and spec's questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Update. Dealer and Lowrance now agree I have a 2-in-1 paired with a WSBL and have offered to replace with a new lone 3–in-1. While some have suggested I keep the two transducer configuration for various reasons, i.e., same capability, etc. I think I’m going to take the new 3-in-1 which was my original choice. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

PM me and I'll do what I can to help.

Regards,
    RJ

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the model of the lowrance and how you intend to use it, sets the number and type if xdcrs required. the longer xdcr to provide downscan and sidescan. The small skimmer provides 2d sonar and temp. The built-in GPS in the unit provides speed. You need to call lowrance and immediately ask for 2nd line technical support. They've sourced 1st line support to Mexico and most of them don't know squat. From one of the pictures I'd say it's installed correctly. I own multiple Lowrance units and I will tell you that an hour on the phone the "real" engineers will make a huge difference. Learning the machine's capabilities and then separating your screen into the 3 types of sonar will put your confidence back in the dealer. Then learn the set up to superimpose temp and speed on all your favorite home screens. As my mom used to say........it's the nut behind the knob that makes things work.

Regards,
    RJ

Post Thanks / Like

New Lowrance Elite 9 Ti2 Installed with Two Transducers...Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Polebrother View Post
    I appreciate your input, thanks. Dealer is continuing to deny the “misunderstanding” but I’m confident I’ll be able to rectify, i.e., end up with the lone 3-in-1.

After pondering the input above re the placement of my transducer possibly being too close to the motor I searched and found this pre Ti2 install pic which shows my old paddle wheel sensor (removed without checking with me) where my 2-in-1 transducer is now affixed and to the right of the paddle wheel is where my old transducer was, further away from the centerline and motor as recommended in previous post. Yikes! Feeling really bad now about my decision to let this dealer install my new Ti2. Big thanks to participants on this thread who have educated me immensely!

Post Thanks / Like

Who is your dealer? If it's the one in Dixon, they generally are spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    If you bought the "3 in 1" transducer (check paperwork) and received something else (the two transducers currently on your boat), I would be asking questions on where the 3 in 1 is.

Agreed with others that if having more than one transducer, a board should have been installed.

An observation: My Lund (Fury XL) has a Totalscan on the back and is located right where the WSBL is on your boat. No interference at all and sidescan works great. But, looking at the picture of your boat, the installed long DI/SI transducer seems to be a little to close to the motor where it could get hit or get turbulence causing interference. If you plan on using DI/SI a lot, it's something to think about.

A what if situation for you. If you want the 3 in 1 transducer, move the mounting plate for the 2 in 1 you currently have to the WSBL location, connect the 3 in 1, wire it to the head unit and fill in the excess holes with epoxy (as someone else mentioned).
    I appreciate your input, thanks. Dealer is continuing to deny the “misunderstanding” but I’m confident I’ll be able to rectify, i.e., end up with the lone 3-in-1.

Post Thanks / Like

If you bought the "3 in 1" transducer (check paperwork) and received something else (the two transducers currently on your boat), I would be asking questions on where the 3 in 1 is.

Agreed with others that if having more than one transducer, a board should have been installed.

An observation: My Lund (Fury XL) has a Totalscan on the back and is located right where the WSBL is on your boat. No interference at all and sidescan works great. But, looking at the picture of your boat, the installed long DI/SI transducer seems to be a little to close to the motor where it could get hit or get turbulence causing interference. If you plan on using DI/SI a lot, it's something to think about.

A what if situation for you. If you want the 3 in 1 transducer, move the mounting plate for the 2 in 1 you currently have to the WSBL location, connect the 3 in 1, wire it to the head unit and fill in the excess holes with epoxy (as someone else mentioned).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast