Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendations on Spots up by HWY 50 or 88 tomorrow?

Google the Moke river area , Look at Tiger creek Res or bear River res. are good spots, salt springs had the states Biggest Trout caught a few years Back or Fish the Bridge at Middle Bar and wait for the Trout to come upstream from Pardee Res. Bring beer food and a Crab Net /Your good to go. or hit the Stan river at Big trees state park or Sourgrass area /Boards crossing if the snow all gone .

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. I'm not at all familiar with any of that area, but it looks beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it wasn't the most productive trip, but hope it was enjoyable non the less. Big winter this year which is a blessing for the water, but definitely delays the spring fishing a fair bit.

I've caught at total of one 16" brown out of the South Fork of Silver Creek between Ice House and Junction Reservoir out of the three times I've fished that section, and I sacrificed a fair amount of skin bushwhacking to get it. I thought they stocked it with rainbows near the Ice House Resort at one time, but don't know about currently. I expect some fish make their way down from Ice House and there are wild rainbows and brookies in most of those creeks, but they're typically quite small. I'm not aware of a lot of put and take rainbow plants in creeks in the area. The Silver and South Forks of the American get some plants each year, but not anything like the Carson or lakes do.

Post Thanks / Like

Drove up early this morning. Ice House is clear and open, the road to Wrights is still covered in snow.

Looon is still covered as well. I tried to go to Gerle, but there's no access, gates are all still closed. Wasn't sure if I was allowed to park and walk in or not. Sounds like some of the gates will open up May 1st.

I did see a planter truck today at Ice House as I was leaving. Saw a few anglers on shore and one boat.

Drove up to a spot I fish on the Silverfork and it's flowing big time. Not going to be able to access anything for awhile.

Anyone ever have any luck fishing silver creek or is there even any fish in there? I tried to fish some of the slower moving spots, but access is tough for both fly and lure fishing.

thanks for the help everyone.

5. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ice House Road turns into Wentworth Springs Road. When you get to the cutoff to Loon go straight and follow the signs. Gerle has browns and doesnt get planted so please follow catch and release ethics.

Smaller spoons and 2 power minnows fished quick and eradicate seem to work. Fly guys strip streamers and soak nymphs. They can be very picky and its not a planter rainbow lake, but it does have some nice fish. Please treat accordingly. Good luck.

The Creek upstream has lots of little brookies as a backup plan.

7. Likes Troutbead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yell0wshirt View Post
    How do you get to Gerle Creek? If you dont mind sharing? Any recs on lures to use?

Thank you!
    Couldn't get this to post as a link. Copy and Paste into your browser.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ge...4d-120.3932671

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Ice House should be thawed. Gerle Creek is a little gem early in the season if you can get there. Someone said Loon was still frozen last week, but its a good place to hit at ice out if you hit it right.

Unfortunately I dont have any first hand reports. Good luck if you go.
    How do you get to Gerle Creek? If you dont mind sharing? Any recs on lures to use?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Ice House should be thawed. Gerle Creek is a little gem early in the season if you can get there. Someone said Loon was still frozen last week, but its a good place to hit at ice out if you hit it right.

Unfortunately I dont have any first hand reports. Good luck if you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Recommendations on Spots up by HWY 50 or 88 tomorrow?

Planning on heading up and fishing north tomorrow from the Bay Area. Been fishing Tabeaud the past few months with good success. Was wondering if anyone has any recs on spots to fish up by Lake Tabeaud off of HWY 88 or anything up off of 50 past Jenkinson Lake? Last month I went up to Ice House, but it still looked frozen over.

Will just be shore fishing, but I have set ups for lures and a fly rig too if that helps for locations.

Thanks for the help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234