Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sac metro salmon update

Fished from shore at Miller from a variety of spots all morning for nada. No take downs or interest what so ever. Tried Silvertrons, Flying C’s and even tried casting a cut plug (Holstein). Too much algae and had to clear lines nearly every cast. Ugh!
    Saw one boat land two by boat launch drifting. (9:00ish and 10:30). Boat traffic seemed relatively light. Around 10 boats launched this morning. Water was clear.
    Hope this helps.

2. Likes SteelyMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    Once they swim under the Golden Gate and pass thru San Francisco waters they can be either a Jack, Jill , Jackyjill, Jacky Nuetral, JillyGBT or what ever they identify as and you better not use the wrong term to address them.

Yeah, I got a ton of money in my wallet cuz my one dollar bills all identify as hundred dollar bills and you have to accept them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes SteelyMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by honksrworkn View Post
    Sorry bout that , I've been Salmon fishing 30+ yrs and never heard a male called anything but a Buck .... Jack is new to me .... A jack has always been a smaller fish that wasn't supposed to come back up river for a few more yrs ...came in with the school ....wrong bus if you get what I mean ...
    Anyway no big deal ....
    Good fish N to y'all
    Hey, no problem man. We are all here for the same common goal of sharing information to help each other catch more fish. Good luck and tight lines fellas.

6. Likes SteelyMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HookedForLife View Post
    For the Central Valley, a jack is 2 years old and less than 24 inches in length and almost always a male.

In some years, when ocean upwelling is strong and salmon growth is higher than normal, some females will also mature early and return as two year olds. They are called either called female jacks or Jill's, depending on your sense of humor.
    Once they swim under the Golden Gate and pass thru San Francisco waters they can be either a Jack, Jill , Jackyjill, Jacky Nuetral, JillyGBT or what ever they identify as and you better not use the wrong term to address them.

8. Likes MKE, jjb, Just George liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry bout that , I've been Salmon fishing 30+ yrs and never heard a male called anything but a Buck .... Jack is new to me .... A jack has always been a smaller fish that wasn't supposed to come back up river for a few more yrs ...came in with the school ....wrong bus if you get what I mean ...
    Anyway no big deal ....
    Good fish N to y'all
    For the Central Valley, a jack is 2 years old and less than 24 inches in length and almost always a male.

In some years, when ocean upwelling is strong and salmon growth is higher than normal, some females will also mature early and return as two year olds. They are called either called female jacks or Jill's, depending on your sense of humor.

10. Likes SteelyMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway no big deal ....
    Good fish N to y'all
    That's ok as I never heard them called anything else but a Jack and female (Betty) we all have called them different things at different times. I do understand your meaning of Jack also as this is my understanding of Jack, I still call them all Jacks if it's a male. Just my 2 peso input.

Bankie

12. Likes honksrworkn liked this post
    STICK N FISH&FOLD N FOWL honksrworkn's Avatar
    No Cal .... Between the Sac and Feather ..
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway no big deal ....
    Good fish N to y'all

14. Likes SteelyMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LunkerPunker View Post
    Yes, that’s exactly what I meant. Sorry that I may have not used the correct terminology. Didn’t expect people would be so sensitive to that. I merely just wanted to contribute my experience to this community.

With work and fishing about once per week, all 104 pounds of salmon this year have been while trolling, as fish have not been kind to me on anchor. Mid-afternoon seems to be when I get bit. With the number of fish that have been in our waterways so far, I am grateful for what I got thus far.

If you have 104lbs of Salmon this year that is Excellent.
    Don't think Honkersworkin was being sensitive, he's just funny that way. Nice report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    I think when he said Jack he was just meaning a male,,, A Buck.
    Jack, Buck, Stinky Daddy, Mr. Stiffy whatever nice going.

I assume on Anchor ?
    Yes, that’s exactly what I meant. Sorry that I may have not used the correct terminology. Didn’t expect people would be so sensitive to that. I merely just wanted to contribute my experience to this community.

With work and fishing about once per week, all 104 pounds of salmon this year have been while trolling, as fish have not been kind to me on anchor. Mid-afternoon seems to be when I get bit. With the number of fish that have been in our waterways so far, I am grateful for what I got thus far.

17. Likes Mr.DramaticHookset, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think when he said Jack he was just meaning a male,,, A Buck.
    Jack, Buck, Stinky Daddy, Mr. Stiffy whatever nice going.

I assume on Anchor ?

19. Likes honksrworkn liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast