Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time trolling - spinning reel?

Spinning reel will work fine. Youll prob want to upgrade at some point as baitcasters are more user friendly for trolling but spinning will work fine in the meantime.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

2. Likes salmonid, photomonkey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First time trolling - spinning reel?

My husband and I recently got a boat weve been bank fishing salmon all season & had an eye on a used boat husband found, and last weekend pulled the trigger. Sweet! We are boat owners. Spent all week getting the boat ready and gathering trolling supplies (cut plugs, flashers, etc etc). A thought only just occurred to me, a mere 12 hours before we plan our first foray trolling in the Sac River, we only have spinning reels! Wow, little late in the game to think of this, but it happened. Searches in this forum plus google have been a little helpful while also sometimes being contradictory. It seems like the consensus is that it can be done, but its not ideal, but for example, how to set the drag I notice is debated. Im also aware of line twist issues from this forum, and advice on letting line out to let itself untwist. Beyond that, however, Im really wondering if we are setting our selves up for failure? Would those with experience kindly share some wisdom? Any and all advice is appreciated. Thank you so much! I really enjoy the community here and have learned so much since joining.
    -Rosie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Paintguy liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456