Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moke 1/2/20 report

Quote Originally Posted by saizo View Post
    Was out the same day just later in the day. 3 hrs of fishing for three good bites. Landed two 11-13 inches. Little guys and slow for this time of year.
    Preeeeety fish, love the colors!

2. Likes saizo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was out the same day just later in the day. 3 hrs of fishing for three good bites. Landed two 11-13 inches. Little guys and slow for this time of year.

4. Likes RideNfish, MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was using my trusted old 8.5' GL2 running 10# maxima UG leader on PP mainline. The longer rod, I feel helps with casting light drift weights. I personally do not wade far with all the signs asking to avoid wading. I saw 6.5' rods being used and a fly fisher was tangling with a trout on a 8wt.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t been to the Moke in a couple of years. What length rod are you guys using there? I used to fish trout with a short light weight rod there but with Steelies I know I need something a little stronger. Should I stick with a 6.5’ rod or my standard 8’ rod I would use in the AR? I have reels with 8 and 10 # test for either rod

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I agree with the vibe. Low stress place to cast a line.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day. I love that section of river. Has a nice relaxed vibe to it, and seems to always put out a fish or two.

Congrats on starting the New Year off right. Really enjoy the video by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Moke 1/2/20 report

Hit the Moke instead of the American as I have for the past few years. Brought roe and Powerbait "Mouse Tails". I rigged up using a size 8 circle hook which on the mouse tail, allowed the tail to rotate easily on the water. Had about 8 bites on the mouse tail which would have been fish on, if I used an Aberdeen hooks. Landed a wild rainbow just shy of 12", a few other guys around with a handful of fish being hooked. Below is a video of my day. Tight lines!

10. Likes robdog, TBSP, RideNfish, Jeff E, MtnFisher liked this post