Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video from crab pot at 90 ft

Thanks all, there were 18-24 crab after 5 hour soak. Most were keepers but we were lucky enough to toss anything under 6.5". I have another video coming as we fished the islands and let the pots soak over night for a larger crew on Sunday.

2. Likes Paintguy, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great video—so how many crab do you think were in the pot when you pulled it—and how many were keepers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chromechaser View Post
    After much trial and error, I was finally able to capture decent video from down deep. We set this pot in 90 ft with squid and a salmon head for bait. What struck me, was the pot is moving fast enough to bounce when it hits the bottom and how quickly life arrives at the pot. First crab at around 8 minute mark.

Thanks!
    That is a very cool video. There was a lot going on in there for such a short time. Thank you for posting the video.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Video from crab pot at 90 ft

After much trial and error, I was finally able to capture decent video from down deep. We set this pot in 90 ft with squid and a salmon head for bait. What struck me, was the pot is moving fast enough to bounce when it hits the bottom and how quickly life arrives at the pot. First crab at around 8 minute mark.

Thanks!

6. Likes Paintguy, one more cast liked this post