Post Thanks / Like

Re: Port San Luis launch

Im to.ld they do catch halibut in the bay but Im not that great at catching them. Not many rockfishthere but a little beyond the breakwater there are rockfish. I usually fish near Diablo outside the 1mile boundary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyPhoenix2301 View Post
    Out of PSL there is a pretty big area that seems to be sheltered south of the Diablo Power Plant but there are times I just dont want to deal with the wind and swells. Guess Im a fair seas fisherman now days.
    Is there fish in the bay? Just curious that if we launched at PSL and had to come in out of the heavier swells and winds, is there still opportunity for halibut, etc. in the bay?

Post Thanks / Like

Out of PSL there is a pretty big area that seems to be sheltered south of the Diablo Power Plant but there are times I just dont want to deal with the wind and swells. Guess Im a fair seas fisherman now days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyPhoenix2301 View Post
    No problem with size of your boat on the sling. My 24 does just fine. I pay $20 for launch/retrieve. They do charge extra if your bunks are not slotted to accommodate the straps that go under the boat.
    Thanks for the info. We did head to the coast this morning, but ended up launching out of Morro again for a only a few rockfish. The winds were not friendly, kicking us off the water about 10 a.m. Well, that's a first for us this year. Usually we get a full day of fishing in.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem with size of your boat on the sling. My 24 does just fine. I pay $20 for launch/retrieve. They do charge extra if your bunks are not slotted to accommodate the straps that go under the boat.
    Last edited by MyPhoenix2301; 11-09-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Port San Luis launch

We are thinking of launching our boat at San Luis tomorrow but have never used the launch host. It's an 18 footer. Any help?