Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Coaster 152 by Klamath recall

One thing to consider is to let them know how poorly the fishing community looks at this. It is possible they won't care that much know the public has a short memory. What I mean by "letting them know", is send them links to threads discussing this. You are obviously not the only one not happy with them. Do some forum searches besides here at the sniffer to see what you can find. Then you contact them again and send them the links so they can read what people think of them. Problem is getting them to read them. If just a non caring employee is screening the emails and contacts it won't go anywhere.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I never had a reply to my email to Klamath. I called them today. After talking to them, I do not believe they are planning on doing anything other than the fix with the two large boxes. I told them I live in Nevada and it is really inconvenient to take the boat to the bay area. They said I could take it to Sparks. On further discussion I informed them that I had two additional pedestal seats in the area where the fix would take place, His first reaction was "you put four people in that boat?". I told him I take my three granddaughters out with me. It is already tight with four in the boat. I also asked what happens to the rear seats when they do the fix. He told me I would have to bring it to the bay area for the fix because of the two pedestal mounts. I am not sure the seats will even work after the fix. Not very satisfied with what they had to say. Looks like the options are; 1. Get the fix. 2. Sell the boat. 3. Sue. I am not sure what I will do, but after the fix, I don't think I will be taking the grandkids fishing on the boat. If this is how Klamath deals with owners of their products, if I sell this boat, I will not but another Klamath.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a class action suit, if needed

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear I stand corrected and Klamath replied to your email.

It would be great if they will work with you and handle this to everyone's satisfaction.

Good luck to you and everyone else who bought this model!!!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reply.

I did just receive an email last night. They stated they were off for a week and trying to catch up on emails and are looking it to options. I really want to try to handle this without getting legal involved. I am hoping for a win win for both sides.

But if they do not want to act in good faith, I will take what you said and do it. I keep all emails. I am trying to get more involved who are in the same boat.

Thank you for your input.

Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt you're going to receive a reply to an email.

That would be admitting they were wrong.

Not going to happen!!!

You need to contact the Better Business Bureau and hire an attorney to send a letter stating your demands!!!

Keep copies of your emails as proof you've been contacting them and that their recall fix isn't acceptable to you.

I'd be asking for the attorney fees too!

Mike
    Last edited by TrackerDV17; 01-07-2020 at 06:33 PM.

7. Likes jjb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No reply for me as well. I just sent a second email.

Post Thanks / Like

No reply yet. Maybe they took the week off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HNR View Post
    I sent an email to Klamath yesterday. I will post when I get a reply. I asked them what options I had to upgrade the boat. Not real happy with what the fix looks like.
    Have you received a reply?

Post Thanks / Like

I also sent one. IF they reply, I will do the same. I let them know several times that I would of never purchased the boat if the flotation devices were installed prior to purchase.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast