Thread: Spb 11/24/2019

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spb 11/24/2019

Hopefully this rain will get spb Dino’s chomping!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spb 11/24/2019

Father and son fishing...can't get any better than that .

235 Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

Post Thanks / Like

Spb 11/24/2019

My dad and I dropped the Lund in to Loch Lomond at 8:30 in the morning and loaded up with food for us, a dozen ghosts, half a dozen jacksmelt, and a scoop of grass shrimp. We pushed off and headed for the islands hoping to pick up some striper with the smelt as we waited for the tide to turn. I don't know if we were just too slow but we got solid take downs that we missed and we had lost four fish in half an hour. The tide started to move out so we picked up and slammed the throttle forward for the sturgeon grounds.
    We stopped about a quarter mile above the sisters and driver the last too smelt we had on board. My dad immidietly picked up a chunky 28 inch striper. As I set my rod down on the side of the boat to get the net something grabbed on and took the rod for a ride. I got hooked on to the gunnel thankfully and held but in the time it took me to net my dad's fish my smelt was gone and I could hear the seagulls teasing me about it. Couldn't really complain though with such a nice fish in the live well.
    We got into our usual spot and dropped anchor. No sounr did I tie off the anchor when the screen of the Lawrence was full of pigs feeding on the bottom. We through all we had at them and as soon as I casted my first ghost and grass combo hook, I had a fish on. I pulled it in and it was a foot long striper. Better luck next time I guess.
    Thats about how the whole day went. We hooked into stripers, three sharks, a few crabs, and even a bat-ray. Everything besides what we were targeting. Went through all of the bait we had on us besides the eel and rove.
    We came home with my dad's 28 inch striper and my 21 inch and made some ceviche for dinner. Pretty solid day if you ask me but I still have the sturgeon itch.

4. Likes Hookem2004, Paintguy, Stickman liked this post