Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old is when....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old is when....

Quote Originally Posted by bigfin View Post
    Wow what a fishery you have there water is so clear . I love the way the Ol Timers just pull their trucks up to the shore at S.S. Bar and just tailgate while letting the spin -n -glows do all the work . That fish is so ocean fresh , I can just taste it now lil lemon and butter thats all it needs . I remember the first time I ever set eyes on the bar it was Heaven . Alls I could think of was wow could you imagine having a sniffer fest in a place like this ??? And I know that might stir the pot with the locals but that place was made for fishing . I love every thing about it the small town feel and the fog horns . I first moved to Sac in 1975 and I fished every day , back then the American was a lot different there were lots of fish everywhere .
    But even back then it was no where near the Chetco . So do you actually live on the river ? And if you had a #14 at Fran & Eddies what's your biggest from the Chetco? Steel ? Salmon?Trout?

14 lb was a trout from below the dam on lake Natomas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Yeah, no s-t!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
    On the Chetco yes..

Wow what a fishery you have there water is so clear . I love the way the Ol Timers just pull their trucks up to the shore at S.S. Bar and just tailgate while letting the spin -n -glows do all the work . That fish is so ocean fresh , I can just taste it now lil lemon and butter thats all it needs . I remember the first time I ever set eyes on the bar it was Heaven . Alls I could think of was wow could you imagine having a sniffer fest in a place like this ??? And I know that might stir the pot with the locals but that place was made for fishing . I love every thing about it the small town feel and the fog horns . I first moved to Sac in 1975 and I fished every day , back then the American was a lot different there were lots of fish everywhere .
    But even back then it was no where near the Chetco . So do you actually live on the river ? And if you had a #14 at Fran & Eddies what's your biggest from the Chetco? Steel ? Salmon?Trout?
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........

4. Likes salmonid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfin View Post
    Fran & Eddies awesome place but speaking of that aren't you up there by the Chetco and Smith Rivers ?

On the Chetco yes..

6. Likes bigfin, salmonid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas from an old guy 1955 flood/64 Eureka fished eel when average river depth was 15'+ American 10'+ and Fourth Of July run of steelhead were 5-8 lb in back of the college .( Fran & Eddies had a trout of mine in the 14 lb range from the American /// closed location prison.

Fran & Eddies awesome place but speaking of that aren't you up there by the Chetco and Smith Rivers ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    I still see that sign marking the water level on hwy 101 when that flood in 1964 happened! Oh man, Fran & Eddies, you are an "old fart", LOL!!!!! We should do an "old fart" get together, somebody bring the oxygen, somebody bring an extra walker, somebody an extra wheel chair, etc.

You know your Old when you put Papa in front of your name !!!!

Tightlines BF

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas from an old guy 1955 flood/64 Eureka fished eel when average river depth was 15'+ American 10'+ and Fourth Of July run of steelhead were 5-8 lb in back of the college .( Fran & Eddies had a trout of mine in the 14 lb range from the American /// closed location prison.
    I still see that sign marking the water level on hwy 101 when that flood in 1964 happened! Oh man, Fran & Eddies, you are an "old fart", LOL!!!!! We should do an "old fart" get together, somebody bring the oxygen, somebody bring an extra walker, somebody an extra wheel chair, etc.

10. Likes zipperman, bigfin, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

you know when you are old... your get-up and go, gets up and goes.
    be safe

Post Thanks / Like

The 1955 flood covered miles in Merced County but when the water went down the fishing was great.

Post Thanks / Like

It says your a senior member here too.
    2000 SuperDuty F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast