Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Geez, where is everyone?

Thanks Wes! I truly appreciate the information and your candor. Youíre a good guy.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

2. Likes Jetspray, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    I know you guys donít want to hear this, but the Sniffer has 11,000+ FB followers, 4000+ IG followers, and Cal and I just hit 10,000 YouTube subscribers on our channel. There are robust conversations and threads daily.

If you want to know where everyone is, they are on social media. I know that some of you wonít do social media for a variety of reasons, but those outlets are free for users and companies, monetize easily, and are much more accessible and user friendly than these forums. The Sniffer pays a substantial amount to maintain the hardware that these forums run on. There is zero hardware required for other platforms.
    I have no idea how this type of back and forth happens on FB. How do I see what is happening on FB or IG? Once I sign up for one of those places is it as simple as searching for FS? I would like to find the robust conversations you mention. I just need a little help. Darn, I feel like an old timer now. Haha

Thanks.

PS: In those places, meaning FB & IG, can we use screen names or is it real names? Not sure it is a deal breaker for me, but I would like to know.

4. Likes Jetspray, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    One request , why donít you unban Crabby and let him back on. I donít see at this point what there is to lose by doing so. He was originally in charge of this forum, be nice to have him back. You could always ban him again if you thought it necessary.
    I unbanned Don years ago, he just chose not to come back. I have also never made any attempt to stop him from posting under his other aliases since then.

I donít see the forums being turned off in the near future, but this platform is very old, and well beyond its prime.

6. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what you are saying is the days of this site are numbered and probably time is short. Been a good run. When you make the announcement give us some time so we can get certain peoples names, numbers and email addresses so we can stay in touch. Iíve learned a lot from the people on this site and made some friends. Hope to hook up with some of you this year.
    One request , why donít you unban Crabby and let him back on. I donít see at this point what there is to lose by doing so. He was originally in charge of this forum, be nice to have him back. You could always ban him again if you thought it necessary.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

8. Likes Stickman, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know you guys donít want to hear this, but the Sniffer has 11,000+ FB followers, 4000+ IG followers, and Cal and I just hit 10,000 YouTube subscribers on our channel. There are robust conversations and threads daily.

If you want to know where everyone is, they are on social media. I know that some of you wonít do social media for a variety of reasons, but those outlets are free for users and companies, monetize easily, and are much more accessible and user friendly than these forums. The Sniffer pays a substantial amount to maintain the hardware that these forums run on. There is zero hardware required for other platforms.

10. Likes Jetspray, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I hope the 'sniffer' stays like it is. it's kind of like family to me, and I don't
    want to move anymore, I like it where I am.
    be safe

Plus 1 on that . FS makes me HAPPY . Tightlines BF
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........

Post Thanks / Like

Iím here. Itís no secret that web forums are a thing of the past. This is basically two decade old social media. Itís time has come and gone. We keep it on life support, but donít expect an influx of users and posts.
    Well, thank you for the efforts to "keep it on life support." It is a greatly appreciated community service.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m here. It’s no secret that web forums are a thing of the past. This is basically two decade old social media. It’s time has come and gone. We keep it on life support, but don’t expect an influx of users and posts.
    I hope the 'sniffer' stays like it is. it's kind of like family to me, and I don't
    want to move anymore, I like it where I am, I cant see moving just because
    everyone else is.
    be safe
    Last edited by okie; 01-22-2020 at 08:34 PM.

14. Likes Stickman, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

End of Life...Windows 7 on 01/14 2020
    Catch ya later ... hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Iím here. Itís no secret that web forums are a thing of the past. This is basically two decade old social media. Itís time has come and gone. We keep it on life support, but donít expect an influx of users and posts.

17. Likes okie liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast