Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Geez, where is everyone?

“Things have been bleak around here for awhile. Few posts and few members signing on at any one time. A lot of well known members you never see anymore. They’ve dropped out of here. The vendor board has only had one vendor post there for over a year, no others have posted there for years. I don’t see advertisers here, maybe I’m just missing them. I’ve also noticed very little moderation, often for hours and hours there are no moderators even signed on. Something has certainly changed around here. I know websites like this come and go all the time. I like the FS , feels like family here, I’d hate to see it fold. A number of sites have gone to Facebook as their platform. I hope that doesn’t happen here because they’ll lose a lot of us. Time will tell.”

It would be nice if Wes commented on this topic. There is obviously some concern about the FS forums. No one wants to see this site fade into oblivion. Information is everything. Silence is ominous .
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I am sure that Sonia is grateful to have a man that will "drive a bowling ball" for her. I hope she is on the mend muy pronto!
    She is not Spanish/Mexican she understands the language but we do not agree with illegal immigration or anything like that. We have both loved this country and defended it. I have personally had individuals work on houses in the past and present that are of foreign birth. Does that mean I am racist? No we only want those are compliant and legal...…...Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes Waterdog, CDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Sonia is down for the count with that today Ed. I had to hobble through Walmart and ride a cart to shop for a few things today, those carts don't hold much either and are like driving a bowling ball...…..Jetspray
    I am sure that Sonia is grateful to have a man that will "drive a bowling ball" for her. I hope she is on the mend muy pronto!

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Geez, where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Hard to get out and fish when you have a frigging, really bad cough and feel like crap !!

Hope everyone else survived the New Year.
    Sonia is down for the count with that today Ed. I had to hobble through Walmart and ride a cart to shop for a few things today, those carts don't hold much either and are like driving a bowling ball...…..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

7. Likes Stickman, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to get out and fish when you have a frigging, really bad cough and feel like crap !!

Hope everyone else survived the New Year.

9. Likes Jetspray, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GOOOOOOODDDDD MMMOOOOORRRRNNNIIIINNNN! I'm still here, although, instead of fishing, I have been wrenching on my jeep. Putting a 3 seat in for my little man. Properly re-wiring all my accessories, installing new electrical system....anyway, its taking up all my extra time. Should be finishing up here soon.

I gotta say, FS has become one of the site I check a few times a day while I'm at work. When I'm not at work, I don't spend much time on the net.
    Find God, your gonna need him!

Captain of the Little Liberator.

11. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just take a look at the "Currently Active Users" box, it lacks a bunch and what is there are mostly the one's that stay online and open......Jetspray

13. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Geez, where is everyone?

I can only say that the mobile community of all the high end exposure type media wins out over home grown. My son was over last night to help me with computer problems, I noticed his gear bag with about 4 different devices in it and his phone has changed which he used constantly while working with my computer. All of his devices were humming though, that would drive me nuts (he is a IT guy by the way)……..Jetspray

15. Likes CDK, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Things have been bleak around here for awhile. Few posts and few members signing on at any one time. A lot of well known members you never see anymore. They’ve dropped out of here. The vendor board has only had one vendor post there for over a year, no others have posted there for years. I don’t see advertisers here, maybe I’m just missing them. I’ve also noticed very little moderation, often for hours and hours there are no moderators even signed on. Something has certainly changed around here. I know websites like this come and go all the time. I like the FS , feels like family here, I’d hate to see it fold. A number of sites have gone to Facebook as their platform. I hope that doesn’t happen here because they’ll lose a lot of us. Time will tell.
    Amen to your comment about Facebook. One of the most attractive features of this online community is that it is NOT FACEBOOK!!! I have always valued the reports, and teaching that takes place in the Sniffer forums, and would be greatly saddened if we were to loose this electronic equivalent of the old cracker barrel at the general store (something that was a big part of community life in my grandfathers day.) There are cycles to everything. Let's hope we can swing out of these mid-winter doldrums and get the reports and conversations going again.

17. Likes Paintguy, Jetspray, OYD, CDK, dennis l liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Things have been bleak around here for awhile. Few posts and few members signing on at any one time. A lot of well known members you never see anymore. They’ve dropped out of here. The vendor board has only had one vendor post there for over a year, no others have posted there for years. I don’t see advertisers here, maybe I’m just missing them. I’ve also noticed very little moderation, often for hours and hours there are no moderators even signed on. Something has certainly changed around here. I know websites like this come and go all the time. I like the FS , feels like family here, I’d hate to see it fold. A number of sites have gone to Facebook as their platform. I hope that doesn’t happen here because they’ll lose a lot of us. Time will tell.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast