Post Thanks / Like

Re: Folsom Lake 1/30/2020

Nice report and pics! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That has me itching to get out there! Nice work.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough nut to crack they say but when you get lucky they gots to be some the prettiest trout and kings around.... good job and good eats

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet report. Sure is satisfying when you get things figured out a little bit on a tough body of water. Well done.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Ill be out there again on Saturday with my pops! Hopefully well put one in the boat this time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KERPOW View Post
    I get out about once a week. I fished Comanche the last 2 outings, got 4 trout two weeks ago, and skunked last week. So this week I focused on kings in Folsom since it's right by my house.

Launched Granite Bay at 7am (nice sunrise), lines in the water at 60ft OTW by 7:15 heading north. Water temp 53.5 degrees. Fished water depths from 70 to 130 feet, zig-zagging over the river channel.
    Nothing until 8:15, then a double salmon hookup trolling Brad's Cut Plug and a Speedy Shiner 45-60 feet deep at 3mph.
    At 8:50 got another on the speedy shiner.
    Changed the Brad's to a speedy shiner top lining, with the other speedy shiner still at 60ft OTW. The top line gets hit by a really nice trout at 9:25. Lot of acrobatics and fun.
    10 minutes later, hooked the devil fish (salmon on the deep rod). Got careless and lost it near the boat.
    The wind died and so did the catching. Called it at 11:45, and home by 12:15pm.

End result, 4 fish, 12-16 inches. I'll smoke them tomorrow and bring them as an appetizer with cream cheese, lemon, capers, apricot preserves, on multigrain crackers, for Super Bowl party we're going to.

Best wishes for fishes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Excellent concise report, thank you. Just so happens I took the cover off the boat today and got the motor fired-up and ready to go. Folsom is also in my backyard, I'm thinking maybe........

Post Thanks / Like

Folsom Lake 1/30/2020

I get out about once a week. I fished Comanche the last 2 outings, got 4 trout two weeks ago, and skunked last week. So this week I focused on kings in Folsom since it's right by my house.

Launched Granite Bay at 7am (nice sunrise), lines in the water at 60ft OTW by 7:15 heading north. Water temp 53.5 degrees. Fished water depths from 70 to 130 feet, zig-zagging over the river channel.
    Nothing until 8:15, then a double salmon hookup trolling Brad's Cut Plug and a Speedy Shiner 45-60 feet deep at 3mph.
    At 8:50 got another on the speedy shiner.
    Changed the Brad's to a speedy shiner top lining, with the other speedy shiner still at 60ft OTW. The top line gets hit by a really nice trout at 9:25. Lot of acrobatics and fun.
    10 minutes later, hooked the devil fish (salmon on the deep rod). Got careless and lost it near the boat.
    The wind died and so did the catching. Called it at 11:45, and home by 12:15pm.

End result, 4 fish, 12-16 inches. I'll smoke them tomorrow and bring them as an appetizer with cream cheese, lemon, capers, apricot preserves, on multigrain crackers, for Super Bowl party we're going to.

Best wishes for fishes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk