Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuel Pump, fuse blowing, hmm. Need some direction

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    The tight space in those pictures make me appreciate outboards. LOL
    My thought regard the fuel pumps is that when the pump goes, it totally goes. I wouldn't think that's your problem. At any event, I'm sure you'll solve it.
    I agree Seon, the gold pump is the type I have in my boat, it had fuel in the motor housing which it should not have. It is what is blowing the fuses, so if there is gas getting to the filter before the pump it is just that.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes reel_time liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The tight space in those pictures make me appreciate outboards. LOL
    My thought regard the fuel pumps is that when the pump goes, it totally goes. I wouldn't think that's your problem. At any event, I'm sure you'll solve it.

235 Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the one I took out. I bought new pumps from Summit Racing. The low pressure pump was CRT-P4070 and the high pressure was CRT-P5000. The 5000 is hooked up different and required a DER-59106 AN fitting to connect the Kodiak AN hose. I will have to look and take a picture of the other change which I think was the return line.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the high pressure pump.. Black pump on the forward of the engine. The gold Carter pump is the low pressure pump. The engine serial tag, fwiw. And the three fuses, of which the 15 Amp fuse on the right is blowing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'll give them a call.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ended up replacing both my pumps. Just was not the problem, just expensive troubleshooting. Fuses never blew, just the power would drop off under hard running. The fuel rail pressure would drop to about 35 from 50. Bought a pressure tester online. Give Kodiak a call, they are very helpful. Kemequipment.com 800-304-0751

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reel_time View Post
    Oh, and c thanks for the replies and help. Definitely giving me things to consider.. Does anyone know what fuel pump model goes with a Kodiak 305 1998??
    It really has to do with the application and placement. If it is built into a system you will need to match the spec's with that system......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and c thanks for the replies and help. Definitely giving me things to consider.. Does anyone know what fuel pump model goes with a Kodiak 305 1998??

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would water in the fuel cause the fuse to blow?? A 15-amp fuse? Or was that just your issue. So you never replaced your fuel pump? I looked up the numbers but couldn't reference a replacement. A higher Amp fuse in the holder is more reliable for starting and running. If the pump were shorted, wouldn't I just get nothing?? I won't dig into it until next weekend

Post Thanks / Like

WTG Califbill that is a great post, hopefully the problem gets solved. I really had trouble figureing out mine......Jetspray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast