Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF8 Propeller cahnge

You would want less pitch. Call Phil’s in Redding, and see what they say and what the cost to repitch. May save a bunch of bucks. The replacement for my Yamaha T-8 is $170.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF8 Propeller cahnge

Quote Originally Posted by CWFollett View Post
    I have a new Hewsecraft Pro-V 180 ET with the Honda 115, The kicker is the BF8 Honda. The 115 trolls fine at 2 MPH and the Honda 8 HP at idle is 1.0 MPH. I want to troll at .6 -.8 MPH for trout using grups . The propeller on the 8HP a four blade and is stamped 10 X 6.5. If I change to another propeller which one do I need to get. All the research I have done on the internet is for out of the hole or top end. Could not find anything on speed for trolling ? Am I right in thinking that less pitch or less Dia. will reduce the speed at idle. Not to worried about speed or out of the hole, but I do need the power to push 3300 lbs of boat through the water !
    I used to have an 18' Searunner with a Honda 90 and a Honda 9.9 for kicker and could routinely get .5 mph with the 9.9 throttled all the way down (conditions allowing of course). I'm kind of surprised that you can only get down to 1 mph.

Post Thanks / Like

BF8 Propeller cahnge

I have a new Hewsecraft Pro-V 180 ET with the Honda 115, The kicker is the BF8 Honda. The 115 trolls fine at 2 MPH and the Honda 8 HP at idle is 1.0 MPH. I want to troll at .6 -.8 MPH for trout using grups . The propeller on the 8HP a four blade and is stamped 10 X 6.5. If I change to another propeller which one do I need to get. All the research I have done on the internet is for out of the hole or top end. Could not find anything on speed for trolling ? Am I right in thinking that less pitch or less Dia. will reduce the speed at idle. Not to worried about speed or out of the hole, but I do need the power to push 3300 lbs of boat through the water !
    2020 Hewsecraft PRO-V 180 E/T, Honda 115, & 8 HP , Garmin 93SV HUD, Scotty D/R,