Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shelter In Place Order

I had a co-worker buy a nice live aboard in napa. We had already been in cross contamination distance for months. So seeing his new boat was ok as long as we sanitized. He asked me to come take a look at his trawler. So I launched out of cuttings solo to come visit. I was expecting the lot to be vacant. Not true, 40 plus trailers no parking. Thankfully I had ppe and was prepared for dealing with crowds safely. Others though were less prepared. I witnessed things that should not happen in this pandemic. Last words be responsible people. Boating/fishing I think is one of the best social distancing activities out there but have common sense. (I really was debating going out on my boat but I took a concerned effort to limit exposure to contaminated surfaces. Hand sanitizer/wipes) I will continue to go fish but will wear latex gloves when dealing with gas pumps or other surfaces that are high contact.

I also think other fishermen should follow similar procedures until things get better.
    DB
    Last edited by DBoardfox; 03-22-2020 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Grammar

2. Likes dsa2780, wckid, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RumNKoke View Post
    Only thing that bothers me about fishing the delta is after that long needed last rain, all the homeless people upriver just got their toilets flushed and their garbage emptied.
    Might not get the virus, but the water itself might have some nasty bacteria.
    I've had a recuring ear infection from the first time I swam in the delta in 1993.
    One of my dogs got a un-cureable ear infection in the early 2000's.
    That's a shame. It's sad.

4. Likes wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRon View Post
    I fished the Delta yesterday launching out of B&W. I called the day before to see if the ramp was open and they said it was and didn't have any plans to close it in the future. I don't know if this has now changed since Newsom made his statewide stay at home order yesterday while I was fishing. I fully expected to be the only trailer in the lot but I was very wrong - it was probably half full or more. Saw several boats on the water where I went (Mokleumne and Little Potato Slough), mostly bass guys in twos and threes and some striper guys. I went by myself (with my dog, of course) and it was nice to get out as I hadn't been able to go for a couple of weeks. I didn't come within 20 feet of another person, even at the launch. I didn't have to touch anything that wasn't already mine except for a dock cleat and a pay envelope (had my own pen). I can't see how this could either expose me or anyone at home to the virus. I'm older and like a lot my age I have a few "conditions" so I'll probably won't go again until this dies down. But hopefully there will still be opportunities for those who want to go fishing in a low risk way.
    Only thing that bothers me about fishing the delta is after that long needed last rain, all the homeless people upriver just got their toilets flushed and their garbage emptied.
    Might not get the virus, but the water itself might have some nasty bacteria.
    I've had a recuring ear infection from the first time I swam in the delta in 1993.
    One of my dogs got a un-cureable ear infection in the early 2000's.

6. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Great State of California, Land of the liberals
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAL.NDN View Post
    Planned on going all week then today thought it through and I think the bad out weighed the good after reading some of the other posts its just not worth it Its selfish on my part as husband and dad and much more to jeopardize mine and my families health over a fish I will stay in place and be safe to catch many more to come. Yea I kayak fish and once on the water I'm sure I'm safe but its all the possibilities along the trip there and back that could be in contact with the virus... And with only a few lakes now in play I'm sure they will be packed with people that live in city's with a much higher confirmed coronavirus rate than here in el dorado county I will just do my part now to avoid it and not chance it good luck and be safe All....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i'm right there with you. not worth the risk.

8. Likes CAL.NDN, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Planned on going all week then today thought it through and I think the bad out weighed the good after reading some of the other posts its just not worth it Its selfish on my part as husband and dad and much more to jeopardize mine and my families health over a fish I will stay in place and be safe to catch many more to come. Yea I kayak fish and once on the water I'm sure I'm safe but its all the possibilities along the trip there and back that could be in contact with the virus... And with only a few lakes now in play I'm sure they will be packed with people that live in city's with a much higher confirmed coronavirus rate than here in el dorado county I will just do my part now to avoid it and not chance it good luck and be safe All....

THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

10. Likes Waterdog, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonoma county's regional parks stayed open and offered free parking. They said fishing was fine.

Post Thanks / Like

True that Big

THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabee1 View Post
    Towing your boat to any waterway during shelter in place,, will be not allowed and people will be getting tickets. Only commercial fishermen allowed to be on the water!!

Um KCRA just said Fishing is OK !!!! As long as its not a party boat of more than some number of people I thought it was 9 or 6 . They showed the river and local waterways . Which also said boating ok . Tightlines BF
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........

14. Likes Muley Buck, CAL.NDN, Stickman, CRABBY, Ldubs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabee1 View Post
    Towing your boat to any waterway during shelter in place,, will be not allowed and people will be getting tickets. Only commercial fishermen allowed to be on the water!!
    That’s not true. Towing the boat to a lake is no different than car topping a bike to the American River trail to go for a 20 mile ride.

Law enforcement has zero intention of citing people for towing a boat just because.

Have towed boat and kayaks all over the place in the last week.

16. Likes Stickman, bigfin, Muley Buck, CAL.NDN, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Dislikes bigfin disliked this post
Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast