Berryessa is closed until April 30th.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lakes closed

Looks like New Melones is under full closure as of today.☹

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    I heard last week that SCE was going to close Shaver, possibly until July 4.

Forest Service will have to decide on Huntington (still snowed in) and Mammoth Pool (will close regardless on May 1 for deer migration). Guessing PG&E will keep the gate at Dinkey Creek closed to prevent people from going into the Wishon area until the stay order is lifted.
    Well, we are hoping to keep our annual tradition of heading to Wishon the weekend it opens, usually first weekend in May or even for a Mother's Day outing. The trout are hungry and we are more than obliged to feed them 'crawlers. But, not seeing that happening this spring. Oh well, one week at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard last week that SCE was going to close Shaver, possibly until July 4.

Forest Service will have to decide on Huntington (still snowed in) and Mammoth Pool (will close regardless on May 1 for deer migration). Guessing PG&E will keep the gate at Dinkey Creek closed to prevent people from going into the Wishon area until the stay order is lifted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAGWP View Post
    News said Shaver Lake in Fresno County is closed as of today. So CA Edison is installing a gate at the entrance of the county leased ramp/parking lot to keep people out. Looked at the parking lot camera today and there was a total of 5 trucks with boat trailers in it. Glad they are keeping us all safe. It's sad that they are using this to restrict access and put more control measures on their lake. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fee both being built next. Death by a thousand cut's, lets see how much fishing and hunting licenses decrease this year.
    We actually considered heading up to Shaver for some shore fishing, a ways from any parking lot for sure, and just leaving the boat at home. But had second thoughts because of all the crazies that go up there for the day, pack the parking lots and slide down the snow mounds and have BBQs, picnics gatherings, etc. These are not people fishing, but people gathering in groups at the lake and right next to the public bathrooms. Screw that, we staying home.

6. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

News said Shaver Lake in Fresno County is closed as of today. So CA Edison is installing a gate at the entrance of the county leased ramp/parking lot to keep people out. Looked at the parking lot camera today and there was a total of 5 trucks with boat trailers in it. Glad they are keeping us all safe. It's sad that they are using this to restrict access and put more control measures on their lake. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fee both being built next. Death by a thousand cut's, lets see how much fishing and hunting licenses decrease this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thank you for this excellent post. It is thoughtful, well reasoned, and written in a direct style.
    Thanks. It seemed like a logical reason and result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprig1 View Post
    Making it from the day of purchase was considered but rejected I assume based on warden input. As it is now a warden in a boat can have you hold up your license after the first of the year and at least know if it's the proper year based on its color. If it's from the day purchased there would be no color coding and every fisherman would have to be pulled over and checked. If you're going to check somebody you might as well check for glass containers, alcohol in a no alcohol area, boat drunk driving assessment, drugs, bag limit, etc. It's easier and less intrusive based on calendar year. You really are better off with the system as is.
    Thank you for this excellent post. It is thoughtful, well reasoned, and written in a direct style.

10. Likes sprig1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Making it from the day of purchase was considered but rejected I assume based on warden input. As it is now a warden in a boat can have you hold up your license after the first of the year and at least know if it's the proper year based on its color. If it's from the day purchased there would be no color coding and every fisherman would have to be pulled over and checked. If you're going to check somebody you might as well check for glass containers, alcohol in a no alcohol area, boat drunk driving assessment, drugs, bag limit, etc. It's easier and less intrusive based on calendar year. You really are better off with the system as is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    It’s always been this way. CA has a calendar year license. It’s the same price regardless of what month you purchase it in.

Oh I know. I was just saying it would be nice to change it. I was giving an example of why some don't buy a license when they get an invite to go fishing in Nov and don't go. Of course they could buy a day license but... I'm just saying they would sell more fishing licenses to the casual fisherman that would buy it just in case they went again if they new it was good for a full year instead of just the remainder of a calendar year. For the serious fisherman like most of us here it doesn't matter since I fish all year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast