Post Thanks / Like

Re: 20 ft Alumaweld Stryker info needed

Thanks for the input,,,, I'm still looking

Post Thanks / Like

I looked close at them a couple years ago. Didn't like not having much of a splashwell. Also I had a Formula V a few years ago and it ended up getting major electrolysis due to the factory using the hull as a ground. I passed on the Alumaweld and ended getting a better deal on my current 20ft Gregor eagle which has been a great boat.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

Post Thanks / Like

SteelyMan PM sent
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 19' Stryker with a Yamaha 115 4 stroke. Crabbed, Rock fished, Trolled for Salmon at Moss, out the GG and Bodega. Trolled for Stripers and Salmon in the Delta. Trolled for Trout up at Melones. Great boat but sold it and replaced it with my current 23.5' Duckworth to have more room for my crew. Great skiff.

235 Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

Post Thanks / Like

Had a 06 19ft Stryker. Loved the boat, it served us very well. Mostly used it for sturgeon in SPB and crabbing in Bodega. Did well in rough water, never leaked. Sold it to buy a hard top. No dislikes.

Post Thanks / Like

Up until recently I had a 19 Alumaweld Stryker. Loved the boat. It met all my needs, was a great boat. Was good in rough water too. I did have one problem with it, I had a small stress fracture about an inch long on the bottom of the hull that leaked water into the hull, a very slow leak. I got it repaired (welded) and never had another problem. Someone else here on the boards had the same problem. I was told by a marine surveyor that stress fractures in heavy gauge aluminum hulls are not all that uncommon.
    If you want more information about the boat just let me know specifically what you want to know. Again I really liked the boat.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

7. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

20 ft Alumaweld Stryker info needed

Anyone here have a 20 Stryker they would like to share their likes and don't likes,,,,,

Thanks

9. Dislikes Slow troll disliked this post