Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CA state fishing closure could be next

California hasn't officially closed fishing (and hunting) but by closing launching areas, parking lots and access to fishing areas, they might as well make it official like Washington.

I am as frustrated as others but understand the reasoning behind the closures. Even though WE say "I am just launching my boat" or "I'm social distancing down the bank from others," OTHERS will camp out on the shore and have a party, after stopping for gas/food/drinks OUTSIDE their home area, possibly infecting a new area yet to deal with and/or capable of handling this health crisis.

The issue isn't fishing and hunting. It's people socializing with and/or transferring a contagion to others in the pursuit of fishing and hunting.
    I'm trying to do my part. Sucks that others aren't or don't care
    Last edited by Snowtrout; 04-04-2020 at 10:01 AM.

2. Likes TrackerDV17, The Reel Deal, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its safe to click on

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

https://ballotpedia.org/Right_to_hun...nal_amendments

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Some thoughts with no reference to left, right, democrat or republican. Just some non political observations. Most if not all our state politicians are not avid fishermen, hunters or outdoorsmen. Most have never spent a night in a sleeping bag under the stars. They really have no clue about hunting and fishing , backpacking and other nature pursuits. Furthermore our outdoor activities and natural resources are not much on their radar. They would rather put the $$$ other places which often get them votes. Fishing and hunting take a distant back seat. Even the ca. Dept. Of Fish and wildlife commission is made up of people (almost 100%] who don’t hunt or fish and have no expertise or experience in such matters.
    In addition to all that over the last 50 years as we’ve gone from a more rural state to a more urban state the number of both hunting and fishing licenses issued annually is about half of what it was 40 years ago. What’s really concerning and depressing about that is our population in this state has more than doubled. So the population is going up and sportsmen is decreasing. Fewer and fewer dads are teaching their kids hunting and fishing and almost no single moms are taking their fishing. This is a continuing trend , I don’t see it changing.
    So we have most politicians who know nothing about and don’t care about hunting, fishing and other outdoor actives, modern urban families who fewer and fewer go fishing and hunting and even the CF&W board of commissioners who have no expertise in hunting, fishing or natural resources. (The board is appointed by each governor, they are political appointments for favors). With all that said I’d say the future of fishing and hunting in California regardless what party is in power looks dim and bleak.
    Excellent post. It is unfortunate to think, but I believe my children 8 and 11 years old may live to see hunting and possibly fishing go away here in the state of California. God forbid it happen in my lifetime.

6. Likes Waterdog, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CA state fishing closure could be next

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Come on, I didn’t start it, and besides he got to sit in the front seat last trip.

Sorry for being one of the knuckleheads, just couldn’t help it.. Self imposed time-out and ill do the dishes when we get home.

Thanks for putting up with us.
    I just don’t think my message is being heard. I was told to shut this forum down this am. I accidentally deleted that email.

Bring attention to it from any angle, and the party is over.

Post Thanks / Like

He wasnt omly talking to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    Tread lightly.

Come on, I didn’t start it, and besides he got to sit in the front seat last trip.

Sorry for being one of the knuckleheads, just couldn’t help it.. Self imposed time-out and ill do the dishes when we get home.

Thanks for putting up with us.

10. Dislikes CRABBY disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some thoughts with no reference to left, right, democrat or republican. Just some non political observations. Most if not all our state politicians are not avid fishermen, hunters or outdoorsmen. Most have never spent a night in a sleeping bag under the stars. They really have no clue about hunting and fishing , backpacking and other nature pursuits. Furthermore our outdoor activities and natural resources are not much on their radar. They would rather put the $$$ other places which often get them votes. Fishing and hunting take a distant back seat. Even the ca. Dept. Of Fish and wildlife commission is made up of people (almost 100%] who don’t hunt or fish and have no expertise or experience in such matters.
    In addition to all that over the last 50 years as we’ve gone from a more rural state to a more urban state the number of both hunting and fishing licenses issued annually is about half of what it was 40 years ago. What’s really concerning and depressing about that is our population in this state has more than doubled. So the population is going up and sportsmen is decreasing. Fewer and fewer dads are teaching their kids hunting and fishing and almost no single moms are taking their fishing. This is a continuing trend , I don’t see it changing.
    So we have most politicians who know nothing about and don’t care about hunting, fishing and other outdoor actives, modern urban families who fewer and fewer go fishing and hunting and even the CF&W board of commissioners who have no expertise in hunting, fishing or natural resources. (The board is appointed by each governor, they are political appointments for favors). With all that said I’d say the future of fishing and hunting in California regardless what party is in power looks dim and bleak.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 04-03-2020 at 01:19 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

12. Likes Muley Buck, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    Tread lightly.

Agreed,,,, but take out the Liberal Minion comment and it's hard to dispute his point.

14. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tread lightly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast