Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sportsmans Warehouse vs. Scheels

Quote Originally Posted by 916steelhead

Astro Turf putting green. *Not very big though. *YES, you can DEMO their High End Putter's. *Actually, you can DEMO everything they carry. 8-)

SOLD!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray
    They tried a similar store in the Bay Area, it was Tri City Sports. They took away the gun section due to local complaints and regulations. The store took less than a year to go under. You can have all of the other sporting goods you want but you need to keep the base coming. Scheel's has a good location and there is a large amount of stores coming in. They only need a little more fishing stuff in my book.....Jetspray
    Man I used to love Tri City. I remember buying like 3 bats and 2 gloves when they closed. I loved fishing, but I sure wasnt paying for my own gear back then, so I didnt get anything. That place was great for team sports, outdoor sports, and almost anything else you can think of. Then we got a Sportsmart in San Leandro, what an upgrade! ;D ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slapin_Bass

Sounds like one heck of an afternoon! Maybe I'll just make a day out of it, and not even worry about the Fishing Department. Do they have a putting green I can try out some $500 putters on?
    Astro Turf putting green. Not very big though. YES, you can DEMO their High End Putter's. Actually, you can DEMO everything they carry. 8-)
    17.9 CapeHorn OffShore CC 115 Mercury Powerhouse. Furuno FCV 585, TM260, Raymarine A57D,Riptide 101 iPilot, Scotty 1117 Big Water Propack Tournament Series. She's a Killing Machine.
    Sponsored by: Delta Wood Bombers (Custom Wooden Lures), Phenix Rods, River2Sea USA, BioEdge Fishing Product, Bodega Bay Lures, Fish-N-Mate, Infinit Graphx, Pirate of the American Lure Co, StriperLife.com,TheRodCondom

Post Thanks / Like

For the money I prefer Sportsman's Warehouse, though they lack many of my favorite fishing items, I wasn't impressed with the fishing department a Sheels, other than as another location for G Loomis rods, but there the same price everywhere, I worked on the project, so I knew well before they opened what the fishing department was going to stock. One thing that I really like about Cabela's is that I can order from the catalog, they ship to the Reno store, and I don't have to pay freight, so that's where my bulk supplies, (hooks, swivels, snaps, line etc.) come from.

TC

Post Thanks / Like

They tried a similar store in the Bay Area, it was Tri City Sports. They took away the gun section due to local complaints and regulations. The store took less than a year to go under. You can have all of the other sporting goods you want but you need to keep the base coming. Scheel's has a good location and there is a large amount of stores coming in. They only need a little more fishing stuff in my book.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 916steelhead
    forgot to mention that their Golf Dept. is freakin' AWESOME. *Loved that Launch Monitor they got. *I literally hit ball after ball for 45minutes. ;D with maybe 10 different Driver's. :o
    Sounds like one heck of an afternoon! Maybe I'll just make a day out of it, and not even worry about the Fishing Department. Do they have a putting green I can try out some $500 putters on?

Post Thanks / Like

forgot to mention that their Golf Dept. is freakin' AWESOME. Loved that Launch Monitor they got. I literally hit ball after ball for 45minutes. ;D with maybe 10 different Driver's. :o
    17.9 CapeHorn OffShore CC 115 Mercury Powerhouse. Furuno FCV 585, TM260, Raymarine A57D,Riptide 101 iPilot, Scotty 1117 Big Water Propack Tournament Series. She's a Killing Machine.
    Sponsored by: Delta Wood Bombers (Custom Wooden Lures), Phenix Rods, River2Sea USA, BioEdge Fishing Product, Bodega Bay Lures, Fish-N-Mate, Infinit Graphx, Pirate of the American Lure Co, StriperLife.com,TheRodCondom

Post Thanks / Like

I too was disappointed at their fishing selection, but I was impressed at how many different sports stuff they carried and Lisa did well with clothes shopping there. If they would have had the right size of boot, I would have as well. I wont be going back for fishing, but if I need other gear I might. Great place to take the kids, with all of the games and rides that they have there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slapin_Bass
    Anybody have any thoughts about the two, as far as price, selection, customer service? I live in South Reno, and havent made it up to Scheels yet. I am wondering if it would be worth a trip up there, instead of just right up the street to Sportsmans.
    If you wanna waste your gas/time and be disappointed all at thesame time. *Scheels is the place to be. *Their fishing Dept. is nothing to brag about. *Most of the stuff they carry you can get at Big 5 and Wal-Mart.

You have way better selection at Sportsman

Don't get me wrong. I like the store and love their concept and lay-out. I was very disappointed at their fishing selection. ::)

Post Thanks / Like

If your only outdoor pleasure is holding a fishing rod, a store like Scheels will indeed not be that exciting. But if you camp, shoot a fire arm, ride a bike, carry a backpack or one of a dozen other outdoor sports, I think you would find it an interestig store to visit.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast