Thread: Flying for bass

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flying for bass

Thanks gbslade if anything comes about ill post some pics, i plan on using the wolly buggers and I did get some little bass poppers thanks again and I will have my fingers crossed

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flying for bass

I have never fished Del Valle, so can't be specific to that water. I have fly fished for bass in both lakes and rivers.

I have always done very well with woolly buggers. In lakes I usually fish with a type 3 sink tip line. However, I have also used a floating line with split shot to get the fly down.

I have friends that fish top water with bass popper flies cast to the shore.

As to tippet: My experience is that bass are not leader shy. I usually use about 4' to 6' of 6 pound Maxima.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Flying for bass

Hey all, was hoping for some advise. Headed to Del Valle this weekend to try my luck at fly fishing for bass. I have fly fished before only for trout. We will be in a boat. What should I use what? What pound tippet? So on and so on. Any advice would help. Ohhh I only have a TFO 5 wt floating line. Thanks in advance. Drop me a line if you would like.