Post Thanks / Like

Re: please HELP me !!

A good place to start is here, Fish Planting Schedules - California Department of Fish and Game. This will show you where the plants are and when. If you are fishing from shore your best bet is to hit where they plant to start. Some places plant on their own in addition to the dfg plants but this is a good way to track lakes with fish. There are lakes in places you never knew were there and this will show you all of the places with water temps that will hold trout. I hope this help as I started this way myself when I got back into fishing as we all seem to go through the same pattern in life. Too much partying from 15 to 25 to fish then you realize how much fun it was so you start again with your friends or kids. Crazy but we all seem to have similar stories.....hope this helps.
    Also, if you want to know about bank fishing for striper pm me and I can share what I know with you as well. It's a lot easier in a boat but there are some friendly places to bank fish as well.

Post Thanks / Like

They are still catching a few Trout from the Bank at North Shore Camanche. When you go through the North Shore Gate, Ask Aaron where the hot spot is. I was out trolling today, and did quite well. I will be posting tomorrow. Good Luck!!!

Robbie

"Willing to work for fish H-man's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadbuster View Post
    I think most of the fish that come out of there are below the 18 in legal minimum.
    Shadbuster read me correctly, if the striper is under 18 inches it must be released. Many are sub-legal size.

Post Thanks / Like

Hman you mentioned the antioch peir for striped bass being c&R is that a rule from that area or is it just not that good of a area to eat the fish you catch in?
    I think most of the fish that come out of there are below the 18 in legal minimum.
    Give a man a fish, he eats for one day, teach a man to fish and he takes all your fish!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the advice !!!!! Hman you mentioned the antioch peir for striped bass being c&R is that a rule from that area or is it just not that good of a area to eat the fish you catch in?

"Willing to work for fish H-man's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly if you are willing to drive to Livermore, then the lakes east of Stockton will be within a similar range.

Most of the "local" lakes are put & take, meaning the lake gets stocked with trout, the trout bite and fisherman take. Most laked start stocking in October, once the weather cools.

Lakes east of Stockton that are good bets are Camanche and Amandor, once they start stocking. Pardee is a great lake for fishing, it closes from end of October to early February. The Trout Pond at Camanche south shore is a good place for kids and if you just want to catch fish. Watch the boards, as soon as the bite starts you will see posts.

Small "local" lake that gets good number of planted trout is Rancho Seco. This "pond" sees lots of pressure with a derby that will put in many trout and many get caught. Once the derby is over, the bite is a lucky draw, if you hit it after a plant... your lucky.

You mentioned Del Valle, this lake is good for trout in the winter, but you need to stay away when the storms hit since the lake get muddy very quickly and the bite drops off. Also near Del Valle is Los Vaqueros, which stay clear even in the winter. Have caught many trout out of this lake, but again it really depends upon when they plant.

One little sleeper lake is Contra Loma in Antioch. The lake when planted is a great place for kids or anyone who wants to just catch trout. Call the lake and find out when the plant and race over...

Lastly if you just want to catch fish (kids) the Antioch pier in Oakley is a great place for just C&R striped bass. But every so ofter you will see a beast of the bass off this pier. I have personally caught bass over 20# on this pier, they are there just gotta put in the time.

Lots of options in this area for fish... just try your luck, learn the lake and teach your kid the joy of fishing. Good luck.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like

Not the best time for trout fishing in our area at the moment. Although it's about to heat up. You may do better if you go north toward sacto and the sierras. Or else just wait for the weather to cool down the water temps then head out to your local trout stocked lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish please HELP me !!

Hello and thank you for visiting my post. this is my first post. I am getting back into fishing after a ten year "break" i used to fish alot as a kid but stopped when i got my license. Now i am 25 and have a child of my own i have started fishing again . I usually try to fish for trout with worms or powerbait but the spot that i went to as a child is in terrible condition. Lake Solano on puteah creek. I curently live in vacaville ca and i am looking for some good spots to fish from shore as i dont have a boat or any friends with one. i have been to lake del valle in livermore but have struck out the last 4 times any help would be greatly appricated...

p.s. have also been fishing for striper in the delta grizzly island mostly at the fishing pier(second bridge)

any good fishing spots out there?