Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grizzly Island/Belden's Landing Stripers!!!

BIGG BULLHEADS!!
    Tight lines, Bent poles, Screaming reels, Sharp hooks, Flying nets= Hana'pa

ANGLERS 4-REEL
    "Don't talk about it, be about it"

Post Thanks / Like

if you really want to catch a big one, you will have better luck using live bait if fishing from the bank...big fish usually don't go after dead bait. that is one of the reasons why trollers and lurecasters catch big fish more often than baitfishers...the bigger the bait the bigger the fish...now I am after quality more than quantity, when buying shad I pay more but buy only jumbo size. for one thing shakers leave the bait alone, and when it gets hit, is usually a keeper...you are not going to have a lot of action, but when you have ...is fun....good luck

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report fordman

Post Thanks / Like

Went out of belden's saturday. caught 4 to 5 shakers in motazuma and suisun slough on shrimp. I was fishing with chovies and shrimp only got bites with shrimp.

Post Thanks / Like

Hook Grizzly Island/Belden's Landing Stripers!!!

Hello to everyone,
    As a born again fisherman I want to post a thread about the place I love to fish the most Grizzly Island. You can usually find me at Belden's Landing between 530am and 1pm or in the Wildlife area between parking lot 6 and DWR Salinity Control gate. My target is to land a Huge striper!!! I generally fish using anchovies or shad. I am always looking for some great advice or just to hear how everyone else is doing in this area. Today was relatively slow lots of hits between 6-7 am and caught two shakers between 7-8 moved down the road to the area between parking lot 6 and DWR Salinity Control gate but I ran out of anchovies at Belden's Landing so was only using the shad here and not a single bite. On the way back stopped and talked to everyone along the way only to find the same story. A few bites here and there, but only shakers. I hear the big ones are on the way so for now Im just waiting patiently. Anyone else have any luck out there recently?