Re: report: sturgeon fishing at Hood / Franklin 02/27/10

Good report. I'm itchin to get out there but I'll be bankin it.

If the people on land your Referring to is correct it was actually a perfectly legal Fish haha Fish and Game even came on land and snuck up on my uncle but it could have been someone else

Quote Originally Posted by 292527362B37372C2A440
    i believe i spotted you on the bank; hopefully one day i'll get to meet a few of you regulars while fishing.

we were the two idiots on the blue north river overly excited about catching an undersized fish. it was my buddy's first ever sturgeon, so excuse the over-reaction.

i saw the same sturgeon the broke the surface right in front of you. and last week, i saw a giant dino break the surface a few yards from our boat. it was definitely an oversized fish.
    Yes, I saw that fish jump about 20yds in front and down river from me as well. My scent trail must have brought that fish to you after I left
    Dog

"I dont drink these days...I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics...I break out in handcuffs..."
    Robert Downey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by 777B796875696972741A0
    ...we were the two idiots on the blue north river overly excited about catching an undersized fish.
    ;D* ;D* hahahaha - great line, I'll have to remember that one!

Dale
    Dale ...held in Kalifornistan against my will.

Fishing Site: www.FishWisher.com
    RV Site: http://CoachPotatosRVsite.synthasite.com/

I've got...

i believe i spotted you on the bank; hopefully one day i'll get to meet a few of you regulars while fishing.

we were the two idiots on the blue north river overly excited about catching an undersized fish. it was my buddy's first ever sturgeon, so excuse the over-reaction.

i saw the same sturgeon the broke the surface right in front of you. and last week, i saw a giant dino break the surface a few yards from our boat. it was definitely an oversized fish.

Quote Originally Posted by 666A687964787863650B0
    Satrurday morning: launched at Garcia Bend at 6 AM and motored to the town of Hood / Franklin.

We dropped anchor in between the irrigation pump and the private dock in about 30 ft of water. The tide was moving fast; even using a 12 oz sinker could not keep the line still.

We were using a combination of eel, shad, pile worms and ghost shrimp. Not much happened for the first 6 hrs or so, with lots of debris in the water shrouding our bait.

Then finally at around 1:30 PM, the sound of the reel peeling line broke the monotony. My fishing partner fought this fish for about 10 minutes. We landed the fish and measured it at 45 1/2"...oh so close. Caught and released.

The fish bit on a combination of ghost shrimp and lamprey eel.
    That was me fishing just down from you off the bank solo. Its funny...at around 1:00 pm I had what looked like a small bite. And you say you caught one around 1:30....I also saw fish breeching. They are in there, I dont believe I missed that fish >
    Dog

"I dont drink these days...I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics...I break out in handcuffs..."
    Robert Downey Jr.

oh, forgot to mention that just the previous Saturday, we saw a group of bank fisherman land what looked to be an oversized sturgeon (which they quickly loaded into their truck) and another group land one undersized, which they released.

saw three other sturgeon rolling right next to the boat. sturgeon are definitely in the area.

thanks for the report was thinking of heading that way myself....

report: sturgeon fishing at Hood / Franklin 02/27/10

Satrurday morning: launched at Garcia Bend at 6 AM and motored to the town of Hood / Franklin.

We dropped anchor in between the irrigation pump and the private dock in about 30 ft of water. The tide was moving fast; even using a 12 oz sinker could not keep the line still.

We were using a combination of eel, shad, pile worms and ghost shrimp. Not much happened for the first 6 hrs or so, with lots of debris in the water shrouding our bait.

Then finally at around 1:30 PM, the sound of the reel peeling line broke the monotony. My fishing partner fought this fish for about 10 minutes. We landed the fish and measured it at 45 1/2"...oh so close. Caught and released.

The fish bit on a combination of ghost shrimp and lamprey eel.