Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: A Pyramid Shore Fest (Pictures)

Re: A Pyramid Shore Fest (Pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    Thanks Doug. This lets folks know what to look for. Here is a tag on a much younger fish caught down the shore a bit by Okie.CC
    Much better pic of the tag. On Kevin's photo that I cropped, we didn't know it had a tag at this point. Hence the algae covering it. Now I know what the numbers look like. :-)

Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RideNfish View Post
    I can see in the full pic of Kevin's photo the adipose fin is clipped. But my close up is of the dorsal. It's just a crop of the Kevin holding the fish.
    Thanks Doug. This lets folks know what to look for. Here is a tag on a much younger fish caught down the shore a bit by Okie.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    Not all the Pilot Peak fish have tags but all of them have their adipose fins removed.

CC
    I can see in the full pic of Kevin's photo the adipose fin is clipped. But my close up is of the dorsal. It's just a crop of the Kevin holding the fish.

Blog Entries
    Images

Not all the Pilot Peak fish have tags but all of them have their adipose fins removed.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Here is the cropped pic of Kevin's tag. :-)

Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by insearchoffish View Post
    there are over 330,000 tagged pilot peak fish out there, and they have been planting them since 06' so there are surely 20+ lbrs swimming around out there!! Go get boys!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the info Kevin. These fish are indeed special. I know of a couple of these fish caught over 20 pounds. The biggest 24 pounds. They will get bigger than this.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by RideNfish View Post

Ok so this fish had a tag in it and I just got the call from the place today. They said it was a pilot peak fingerling planted in the spring of 2010 at a place called cattleguard and only 6.5 inches long. It grew 22" in less than 3 years. They also said there are over 330,000 tagged pilot peak fish out there, and they have been planting them since 06' so there are surely 20+ lbrs swimming around out there!! Go get boys!!!!!!!

amazing trip guys. It sure look cold but catching monster like those will get your heart pumping quick.

That fishing lure that caught the rock is cool looking.

keep up the good work...

So Doug is a one man party machine...need to hook up and do some fishing/partying

thanks again for sharing the stories and pictures. Sure makes Monday Morning a little better.
    Last edited by crazyfisher; 01-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Images

looks like you gys had a really good time. i not much for trout but this post and that lake ha peaked my intrest. but i dont no if i can take the heat as it sure looked hot out there.

Quote Originally Posted by siskiyoufisherman View Post
    Hot bite at that spot for sure. Question? Was that can of Tuna full with holes punched in it?
    Yep, why? Was it yours? LOL (I know it's not). It had the triangle holes from a can opener all around the top. Someone must of used it for chum. Bait is illegal at that lake and just the fact that they littered makes them a looser. IMO

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast