Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: A Pyramid Shore Fest (Pictures)

Blog Entries
    Images

Re: A Pyramid Shore Fest (Pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by siskiyoufisherman View Post
    Hot bite at that spot for sure. Question? Was that can of Tuna full with holes punched in it?
    Yes.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Hot bite at that spot for sure. Question? Was that can of Tuna full with holes punched in it?

Super Moderator

A Pyramid Shore Fest (Pictures)

Damn you guys know how to have a good time!!

Sent from my iPhone
    Always wishin I was fishin!

At last a note from Mariahpup...to all my fishing buddies I can only say a big time thanks for a grand time...the trip will always hold special memories that go far beyond catching a big fish...fishing with my son Ken and just spending the time with him is very special to me...but spending the time with Richard,Doug,Paul,Jake,Shane, and Kevin was a priceless memory as well...Meeting Andre, a local, great fisherman and all around great guy was a big bonus.. .. the memory of the HOT CHOCOLATE that Kevin brewed on the shoreline on his litttle stove will hold a warm place as well...I hope we can hook up again a little later in the season for another shot at Pyramid...truly our friendships reach far beyond just the fishing...I hope other Sniffers are as lucky to have friends like mine...
    A final note to Kevin...for the HOT CHOCOLATE..no more floor for you buddy...
    Thanks to all for the pics...
    To other SNIFFERS...my big fish was released (as well as all the others) and he and his buddies are swimming free out there at Pyramid just waiting for you...go get em!!!
    Luck to All Mariahup

Smile Re: A Pyramid Shore Fest (Pictures)

Thanks for the great trip and camaraderie, guys!! The cold never felt so good and chicken fried steak never tasted so good. Kevin, way to persevere and land that 6+ pound Cutt after 10 hours without a bite! It was great to meet you in person. Shane (my second son by virtue of time spent at our house), glad you got your first Pyramid trip under your belt (and sorry about the numb feet!). Jake, I am proud of the fine young man you are becoming--way to fish hard! Doug, you are a one-man party, and with photography skills to boot! Ken, I am glad you chose the Pyramid trip over skiing! Richard, you are the glue that holds it all together. Always a pleasure to fish with you. And finally, Bill, congrats again on catching the biggest cut I have ever seen in person :

Here's to the next trip!

Man this thread keeps getting better and better. Nice fish again fellas. Worth freezing you nads off for that kind of action.
    A bad fisherman will leave trash and take fish.
    A good fisherman will leave fish and take trash.

Quote Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
    If someone could let me me know what a popular ounce spoon is for this lake I can figure out the rest.
    PM sent. Get a hold of me. :-)

I think it's about time for me to make my first trip up there from the bay area. Hopefully next weekend the weather will cooperate. All the fantastic pics are getting me stoked for the trip. If someone could let me me know what a popular ounce spoon is for this lake I can figure out the rest.

Blog Entries
    Images

Thanks everyone. I enjoyed the trip, all the nice fish and the wonderful company. I know it's counter intuitive but when I look at all the beautiful pictures on this trip taken on a couple of very cold days I feel warm not cold.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Kevin worked HARD and was the only one without a fish on the first day. He and I called, "Last cast" and threw our rods out to let them sink and organized our stuff to take back to the car. He starts reeling in and THANK GOD he hooked into a fish to beat the skunk. Here he is with the bendo!

A great 6lb 4oz fish!

My best fish of the trip happened on the last cast of the first day. Just like Kevin's.

Our group dinner at Crosby's. Great time!

Paul with the "I got a fish" look

The resulting fish despite the funny face during the fight :-)

Kevin absolutely mastered catching rocks.

Did I mention it was cold? We used the ice chest to keep the cold OUT!!!! I had Kevin get me a soda from my ice chest. He said it felt warm but that is because it was well below freezing outside. He set it down for me and I took about 10 min to get to it. When I opened it, it froze and I had to put it between my sweatshirt and jacket to melt it to drink!!!!

Thank you all very much for the great trip. Thank you Andre for giving us your tips and that kick a@# fire!!! Cheers to all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast