Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: San Francisco Chronicle Monster Brown Article 1/6/12

Images

Fish Re: San Francisco Chronicle Monster Brown Article 1/6/12

I was out in the PT-109 2/13/2012 and Toplined Large Plugs for 8 Hours . I finally hooked into another Megladon Trout and the Ugly Stick Tiger Rod was tough to get out of the Holder !! It was a Full Throttle for 40 minutes Plus !!! At first I thought I was stuck on the Bottom.... then the Bottom Moved !!! Sideways it went 100 yards Like right Now and the Left One Hundred Yards !!! I kept the Full court Press on the Monster and all I could do was " Impede it " !!! My arms were getting worn and the Fish came out of the Water like a Marlin .. way back 2 Hundred Yards and It was Amazing !!!! Finally when I got it to the Back of the PT-109... the Beast went NUTTS and Broke off !!! Stunned for a second It Lay on the Waters Surface .. just out of range of the Net... and then Took of Back Down to its Home in the Depths of Lake Tahoe !!! At first I was Upset... and then I was Ecstatic... What a Fight!!!! What a Fish !!!! And that alone Gets me AMPED to Load up the 109 for some more Tahoe Action !!!! You see... all I have to do is Wait.... The Hook Ups will Come !! Becareful for what you wish for................... It Might Find You !!! P-Line in 10 Pound test , Over Two Hundred Yards out in 30 feet of Water With a Custum T. S. in Rainbow Pattern , covered in Pro-Cure T. T. Gel was the Ticket at 3.2 Miles an hour !!!! I trolled from Deadman to Elk Point !! See you All out in the Field !!!! gst Captain Gene St. Denis Blueribbon Fishing Charters
    Last edited by Gene St. Denis; 02-15-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Images

Re: San Francisco Chronicle Monster Brown Article 1/6/12

Yesterdays Tahoe Catchs !!!!

Had over Twenty Boat Trailers at Cave Rock Ramp and Everyone Had a GOOD Time on the Lake of the Sky !!! Several Gentlemen Thanked me for the Updated Reports on the Cave Rock Ramp and Weather Conditions There. Lost 6 and netted 5 !!!! Gotta Love Fishing Every day !!! gst

Thanks for the update! Let us know when the low is above 32! It's 64 here now.

Images

Thumbs up Re: San Francisco Chronicle Monster Brown Article 1/6/12

50 for a high and 18 for a low at Tahoe Cave rock ramp is clear. Netted 6 Fish yesterday 3 to 6 pounds. Lost a nice Brown as well. Sunny and calm waters . That is all...... gst

Last edited by Gene St. Denis; 02-03-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks for the weather updates super helpful ! FYI its 50 degrees and sunny here in the valley

Images

10 degrees this morning.......We got 5 fish netted ( 3 to 6 Pounds) yesterday and it was winter storm conditions as usual..Freezing snow / Ice, fog, wind , and of course Nice Waves !! No other Boats as Usual . They Had closed the ramp on us and then Opened it again when we showed ... we really WANTED to FISH the Lake of the Sky !! It was the only ramp open yesterday. The PT-109 was covered in several inchs of Ice, at the end of the day. With the Heater full Blast !! Got 5 fish to net and we were Stocked !! Here is the Link for the Tahoe Ramps... Cave rock open today and Lake Forrest / Sand Harbor closed...... That is all gst ....................Inspection Locations

Ramp and Inspection Station Updates

1/28/13: The Lake Forest boat ramp will be CLOSED today. The Cave Rock boat ramp is OPEN.

2013 Lake Tahoe Inspection Stickers Now available: The 2013 Lake Tahoe Inspection Stickers are now available at Cave Rock, Sand Harbor and Lake Forest. Inspections for boats without blue Lake Tahoe wire inspection seals are only available at Cave Rock and Lake Forest, Sand Harbor will only accept sealed boats. We will sell 2013 stickers at the 2012 price for the month of January. The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency will release the 2013 fee structure February 1st (no major changes or increases expected for inspection cost, some changes anticipated to the decontamination fees). If you have any questions please call the hotline at 888-824-6267.
    ://tahoeboatinspections.com/inspection-locations/
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________........... ..................................
    FyI..... yesterdays catch..............

Last edited by Gene St. Denis; 01-28-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Images

Heat Wave this morning at 34 Degrees in South Lake Tahoe and Raining !! A high of 49 degrees forecasted for this afternoon !!!! The Cold Spell Has Broken !! Cave Rock Launch ramp is clear and wet. Inspection Locations
    Ramp and Inspection Station Updates
    1/23/2013: Lake Forest will be closed. Cave Rock will remain open.

2013 Lake Tahoe Inspection Stickers Now available: The 2013 Lake Tahoe Inspection Stickers are now available at Cave Rock, Sand Harbor and Lake Forest. Inspections for boats without blue Lake Tahoe wire inspection seals are only available at Cave Rock and Lake Forest, Sand Harbor will only accept sealed boats. We will sell 2013 stickers at the 2012 price for the month of January. The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency will release the 2013 fee structure February 1st (no major changes or increases expected for inspection cost, some changes anticipated to the decontamination fees). If you have any questions please call the hotline at 888-824-6267.
    Tahoe Boat Inspections (888) 824-6267 Tahoe RCD
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    __________ gst
    Last edited by Gene St. Denis; 01-28-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Images

FYI.. it is 3 Degrees Now at 7:00 am !! The Cave Rock Ramp is free of Snow and Ice right now.. except for trailer drippings !! Nice limits yesterday on a Brilliantly Sunny and Flat day on the Lake of the Sky !! gst

Images

Aye Aye Mate !! gst

As a guy who had a little verbal disagreement with the Capt. at one time, my hats off to the man for his fine catch....he did it! By the way, that's one of the best looking big browns I've seen outta a lake, long sleek, real well proportioned! So many of those big lake caught browns look like big largemouth bass, but this was a beauty.
    Clearly he put in his time, and it paid off big time. Good job, Cap!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast