Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Unusual trout tactics?

Re: Unusual trout tactics?

Hmmmm....I wonder if pro-cure makes a "nicotine" scent LOL

While fishing the river below Salt springs res. We found a pool that was loaded with trout however they were wise and would not touch anything we offered. Noticed a few rising to hit something on the surface in a eddy on the other side. Worked our way over and found that they were hittig a cig butt that was stuck in the eddy. Being a smoker I quickly burnt one down, hokked it on a size 10 bait holder and pitched it out. Not 10 seconds later it gets hammered. Limited with that butt in 15 min.
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?" The girl said "NO!" And the guy lived happily ever after and went fishing, hunting and drank beer and farted whenever he wanted. THE END

I caught a 12" trout on a 3/4 oz rattle trap while striper fishing on the stanislaus river a couple years ago. That little SOB sure was hungery lol!

I lived in Lewiston when I was a kid and I had no money for lures so I would stick a cigarette butt that I find on a hook or take some of the white yarn threads that hang off the pant leg of cuttoff levi's and put them on a hook, the yarn I would wipe the sweat from my nose or behind my ear. I would catch Trout,Salmon, and Steelhead. This also works for Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearwaterkid View Post
    Or, tie a hook with a long tag end and attach the other hook below it w/bait then position the bobber directly over the first hook with no more than a half inch between the two(bobbr and first hook)
    Yep looks like you could hang a light setup under that with some kind of attractant or bait. OOPS it is a "indicator" better know to us regular fishermen/women as a bobber.......Jetspray

Cabela's: Thingamabobber Strike Indicator
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Banker916 View Post
    That works?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hell yeah it works. same length as trolling a naked crawler or large rapala..

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted View Post
    I didn't catch the fish, but I had a good size trout attack my thingamabobber and ignore the tasty night crawler 4ft below it on the Truckee River. It was hot pink by the way. Fly anglers claim this happens all the time. Someone needs to patent a bobber with hooks on it.

Or, tie a hook with a long tag end and attach the other hook below it w/bait then position the bobber directly over the first hook with no more than a half inch between the two(bobbr and first hook)
    Last edited by Clearwaterkid; 01-08-2013 at 05:02 PM.

I didn't catch the fish, but I had a good size trout attack my thingamabobber and ignore the tasty night crawler 4ft below it on the Truckee River. It was hot pink by the way. Fly anglers claim this happens all the time. Someone needs to patent a bobber with hooks on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Trout will attack senkos, robo worms, swimbaits, and tons of other "bass" lures.

This is a "key" you can catch most trout with lures used for other means (ie bass, panfish, striper etc etc etc), you may only need to change the tactic of the lure. If you use a white jig for panfish you can use the same for trout. Instead of jigging up and down from your boat close to shore you merely bounce it slower on the bottom or hung about 18 to 24 inches below a bobber and wahlah you have a trout lure.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Trout will attack senkos, robo worms, swimbaits, and tons of other "bass" lures.
    A bad fisherman will leave trash and take fish.
    A good fisherman will leave fish and take trash.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast