Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: New to this board

Ban Master

Re: New to this board

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer70 View Post
    Welcome Steve d: I am new also and believe me, this is a great bunch of people on this forum. They help you out with suggestions, are cordial, funny and polite. Probably the best fishing forum as far as Moderators keeping a close watch on undesirable people with impolite posts.
    You must have caught us on a good day

~RNP

Blog Entries

Welcome Steve d: I am new also and believe me, this is a great bunch of people on this forum. They help you out with suggestions, are cordial, funny and polite. Probably the best fishing forum as far as Moderators keeping a close watch on undesirable people with impolite posts.

Blog Entries

Welcome Steve,most people use channel 69 on lakes,68 for the delta,but this is a rule that's not set in stone,many friends will use other channels that are prearranged to keep lurkers out of their conversation an not give away any really good info,most of what you hear on the open channels is just BS chatter or spoken in code!!Sorry.........OMG!!!

Crabby: I bought a marine radio last fall while fishing in the Delta and as you said, there was talk on 68 there. I was wondering why I couldn't get any chatter on 68 while fishing Melones...wasn't aware of the general protocol. Anyway, that's what is great about this forum....learn something every day. Thanks!

As many others said, Welcome aboard. Good luck out there.

Yep 68,69 are good channels to deal with. You can hail on 16 some guys stay on that. If you hail for "Is there any sniffer's out there?" it is helpful. Give some of us a couple of seconds to respond as there might be a fish on, or we are stumbling to the mic to respond. Some of us use two radios on board to monitor (one stationary & one handheld). Either way have patience with us, some of us are cronologicaly challenged. Welcome to the boards...........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Images

Welcome to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by steve d View Post
    New to this board and been out of action for awhile. Live in Ione and love to troll for bows and kokes. Ready to get back in the game and hope to share good and not so good trips. Look forward to meeting members on the water. Any particular channels that are used when on the lakes to say hello?
    welcome to the sniffer Steve, if you like trollin for bows, come up to the pyramid fest in april and troll for cuts, a lot more fun than bows imho. put faces to a lot of sniffers and hookers,
    its a weekend of fishing and the potluck on saturday evening is worth the trip.
    hope to meet you somewhere on the water
    be safe

Blog Entries
    Images

Welcome buddy! 68 & 69 see you on the water.
    Practice Catch & Release when you can! Respect our waters!
    "For the Rich there is therapy, for the rest of us there is fishing!"

Blog Entries
    Images

Welcome to the Sniffer Steve. With Amador, Pardee and Camanche near by you live in a good area for trolling for trout.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Welcome to the terror dome. Looking forward to seeing you in action.
    A bad fisherman will leave trash and take fish.
    A good fisherman will leave fish and take trash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast