Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Princecraft

Thread: San Pablo Reservoir 2/8 opener

Re: San Pablo Reservoir 2/8 opener

Quote Originally Posted by nayr View Post
    I took a drive by the resevoir today. It looked like it normally does this time of year. Greenish brown in color. Bait will be best for trout, as for the bass in that resevoir maybe try slow-rolling a white or white and chartreusse spinnerbait.?

From the past I liked Scow Canyon area to the pines for trolling. Gold Kastmasters work as well. Make sure you apply an attractant to the bait that is a strong sticking gel, it helps in unclear condtions.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

I took a drive by the resevoir today. It looked like it normally does this time of year. Greenish brown in color. Bait will be best for trout, as for the bass in that resevoir maybe try slow-rolling a white or white and chartreusse spinnerbait.?

Cool Re: San Pablo Reservoir 2/8 opener

NCfisher,
    Welcome to the boards!! I have fished that lake for many years with best being the east side. Stay out 50'-75' and throw lures towards shore. I have had good luck with Rapalas in clown and Hot Steel. Also, hit Scow Canyon on the north side all the way back. See you on the water some time.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCfisher View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll get ready for both clear and muddy conditions. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Chance of rain in that area next week so it may muddy up a little.

Thanks for the info. I'll get ready for both clear and muddy conditions. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Welcome to the boards and here are some thoughts regarding fishing San Pablo. The fishing for the opener should be pretty good. They do a good job stocking this lake and the fishing can be great if the water is clear. The lake has a tendency to muddy quickly, leaving no other option besides bait fishing. The best fishing tends to be on the East side of the lake, South of the canyon. If you have clear water, fishing Firetiger Rapalas can be productive. If the water is off-color, spinners can be productive due to the vibration. However, bait fishing usually outproduces trolling. If you go this route, chartreuse power bait and/or mouse tails will get you into fish.

I would also suggest using the search engine of this web site to see all posts on San Pablo. Try and compare notes on clear vs. muddy water as it will make a big difference in how to fish this lake. Good luck and have fun.

Sorry I can't help but WELCOME!!

Please be sure to post the results of your trip regardless of the success when you get back.

Thanks,
    Cheers

Super Moderator

San Pablo Reservoir 2/8 opener

Welcome to the Sniffer! Sorry I can't offer any advise for fishing this lake

Sent from my iPhone
    Always wishin I was fishin!

San Pablo Reservoir 2/8 opener

Been reading the forums on this site for a while and decided to sign up and join the fun. This is my first post so, here we go. My buddy and I are heading down to San Pablo Reservoir for the opener on the weekend of 2/8. We were going to rent a boat and troll for trout and plug for bass and catfish. Anybody ever been there and have any useful tips and/or anybody ever had any luck there? Thanks.