Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By Steve079
  • 1 Post By RideNfish
  • 1 Post By gadgetman
  • 1 Post By Steve079
  • 2 Post By iggybabble

Thread: Melones, Best Day Ever.

Re: Melones, Best Day Ever.

all things in perspective.............a nice day on the water with beautiful scenery, well worth spending a day like that. not every day of fishing is a day of catching, but still good for the soul

Blog Entries

Steve,

We were out there yesterday, only caught a few. Went to same locations, I guess they moved to the other side of the lake.
    Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Yeah, camera batteries went dead doing that pork thread, didn't get around to charging them.
    that sounds pretty lame, but true.

sometimes you just have to take the cards your dealt, and make the best of them, today I did.

hey gadget, I brought a couple of those tacos to munch on, made a couple up last night and hid them from my son....

Sounds like a perfect day Steve. Only thing that would make it better is eating one of your pulled pork sandwiches. Glad you got out.

Yeah I was out there yesterday afternoon from the bank for nothing but all in all was nice day out there until next time is what I always say

You know what?????? Great report! You know what else??? I'm envious. Thanks for sharing. The only thing better would of been some nice scenery pictures. And since you didn't post any. I will post my last sunrise shot on Melones. LOL

Thanks Steve!

Melones, Best Day Ever.

Cold morning today, for sure. Launched out of glory hole, saw more bankers then boaters. Chatted with a guy out for his first run at Melones, pointed him to Carson and gave him a few options. Nice guy. He had a little tinny like mine, parked next to me, was getting it ready. I said to him, "Man, that is one SWEET boat you have" He kinda looked around, then saw my boat, and laughed. Good fun.

Headed up river, felt like sub zero with the wind chill. Boat was just running so good. Awesome to be out, just motoring along, totally stress free day. Warmed up nice, trolled from Coyote to Carson. to Glory Hole, for ZERO, had a few takedowns, nothing stuck, but it was still probably the most enjoyable day I've had out there. Beautiful weather, beautiful lake, who needs fish? I didn't even care.

Maybe next time???
    Last edited by Steve079; 02-10-2013 at 08:18 PM.