Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Booger!!!

Re: Booger!!!

Ahhh... wow, I knew there's a lot I don't know about...

ok, one more pertinent question: has anyone tried the real thing? being sort of mostly soluble in water it might not stay on a hook very well, or last very long, but if it were extremely attractive to the fish that might not matter... might do well in one of those fish-in-a-barrel scenes when they've just stocked at the 89/88 bridge... all around you the water is churning and people are haulin' them in left and right, and you just lost your last lure to a snag... and the guy won't give you his hat to retrieve it from... but you have one old rusty hook still embedded in your own bill, so you tie it on then apply the secret subsance... cast it out with great care, and Whammo! fish on, you're back in the game! ...unless you hit that guy in the head again...

TB

I sometime cut the skirts of my mini tube jigs and put the skirt on my Kastmasters treble. If you did this and made booger you wouldn't be wasting anything.
    A bad fisherman will leave trash and take fish.
    A good fisherman will leave fish and take trash.

LOL......

Or use them as spinner bodies.
    ​Catchya Later, Hooks

Cool Re: Booger!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    What do you do with the rest of it?
    Dunno, maybe hang them from the brim of your hat to keep the fly fishermen/women happy......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

What do you do with the rest of it?
    ​Catchya Later, Hooks

Quote Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
    I hesitate to ask... am I the only one wondering what your Boogers are made of? ;-P
    ...mine generally have a lot of fine dusty pollen, mildew, and other crap from the neighboring sycamore trees.

TB

Look at the pumpkin seed color (dark brown), cut the head, add a jig head of your size and weight you choose.......Jetspray

http://www.canyon-plastics.com/Canyo...inalgitzit.htm
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    The booger is a tube jig with the tenticals cut off I believe.
    Old indian trick.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
    I hesitate to ask... am I the only one wondering what your Boogers are made of? ;-P
    ...mine generally have a lot of fine dusty pollen, mildew, and other crap from the neighboring sycamore trees.

TB
    The booger is a tube jig with the tenticals cut off I believe.
    A bad fisherman will leave trash and take fish.
    A good fisherman will leave fish and take trash.

TB

Quote Originally Posted by mryosemite View Post
    Thanks JetSpray, I get so set in my ways, I forget the simple things. I'm trying to figure out how to float it down the river or bounce in along the bottom and the obvious thing is to jig it in....duh!
    The bottom was irregular and shallow in many places, other times of the year it would be good. We have been in drought conditions all summer and the rivers are extremely low and slow. The planters are bunching up all over due to those conditions, every time they are dropped in they stay close to where they are dropped until they are all gone over the weekends. Have a great time anyway.......Jetspray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast