Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Birthday/Camping trip @ Icehouse 5-31-14

Re: Birthday/Camping trip @ Icehouse 5-31-14

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus20 View Post
    Happy Birthday K. Excellent detailed report as always. I have a request, that in your bonus pictures if you could include more food shots . Your meals are first rate. Thanks for posting.

..............Brutus........
    Thank you! I would love to but I am limited to 15 pics here. But I will try next time. The menu this trip included: Pulled pork sandwiches, Beenie weenies, tacos, T-bone steak and salad, Egg salad sandwiches. Just to name a few. Oh and homemade chocolate chip cookies and cool-aid! Never got to the cold fried chicken or the pb&js.

Happy Birthday K. Excellent detailed report as always. I have a request, that in your bonus pictures if you could include more food shots . Your meals are first rate. Thanks for posting.

..............Brutus........

Thank you friends! We will most likely try UVR next for camping. We had a few interesting hits on my ghost hunting equipment. Asked if our Dads who have passed and were fishermen liked our new boat and my radar said "comfortable." A few other weird things too but too long to post about.

Happy birthday, I always thought you were only in you 30's. Next time try just down the road at Union Valley. Bigger fish and bigger lake. (if the powerhouses are running try near the tailraces).

Super Moderator
    Images

Happy birthday. That looks like a really great trip in a beautiful setting.

Did you track down any ghosts?

I always fish the back side of the lake by the river that flows in and do well. If you are camping there at night there are crawdads all over along the shore on a few inches of water. I scoop those up as use them as bait. It was years ago but I pulled in a 5lb rainbow and a 20" brown in the same day on crawdads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Big "live" Bait = Big Live Fish!

Looks to me like a happy and beautiful birthday! That last photo says it all. I admire your taste in birthday presents - I hope to be doing the same in a few days, if everything cooperates. Not sure if the destination will be Icehouse/Union Valley or the Carson Pass area.

Icehouse is one of my favorite spots for a quick outing, it's not always easy to get fish but the attempt is always a pleasure... have landed a few 16-inch Browns over the years, lost a few that were somewhere over 18 inches - a buddy got a 20-inch Brown a few years ago. So there are some a bit larger in there, maybe not huge but pretty decent size from my shore-view.

I've always wondered if the fishing on the south side of the lake is any different than the others? From shore, that is... I've wanted to get over there - the water always looks blue-er on the far side of the lake ;-) - but it looks like there is no reasonable way to get there in a car... or does anybody know a way in, without going through locked gates?

TB

Great Post Kristy and Happy Birthday. I use to fish up there all the time and if the fishing wasn't that good I go down the road to Union Valley or even to Loon Lake. For trout you usally find bigger trout than Ice House. Of course though Union Valley has Kokanee which is hard to pass up.

You did better than I only one little guy for four hours trolling and bait fishing. I'll try loon this weekend and report back. I may try echo lakes since they just planted.

Super Moderator

have you guys tried giant gap campground @ sugar pine reservoir? It's really nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast