Re: Mendocino county fishing

Quote Originally Posted by rpwlaw11
    Mendo, Upper Blue Lake along HWY 20 should be good right now. It's pretty basic. Toss powerbait. Lures work real well here also. But if you live in Willits. There's a small pond that used to be stock there with trout. Can't remember the name of the lake or street, but it's a small town. Have fun out there.

very cheap to fish as well. very nice people to help you. castmasters work real there.just my 2 cents

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Mendo, Upper Blue Lake along HWY 20 should be good right now. It's pretty basic. Toss powerbait. Lures work real well here also. But if you live in Willits. There's a small pond that used to be stock there with trout. Can't remember the name of the lake or street, but it's a small town. Have fun out there.

Between the Mendicino NF and the Eel River System alone, you have enough to keep you busy for decades! That Cold Creek inlet to L. Mendocino is a nice place to learn to catch trout. It a shame that they divert that much water from the Eel in order to maintain the Russian River System.

Thanks, sounds like some places worth checking out.

Depends on where you are but check out Lake Mendocino and Lake Pillsbury. I know they also plant trout above Lake Mendocino between the lake and Potter Valley. I guess is the Russian River but Ive always called it Cold Creek. (where I learned to love trout fishing)

A little south is Lake Sonoma and then west on 20 past Lake Mendo is Blue Lakes and the plant one of those as well.

Its a little late right now but there is also great Steelhead fishing on the Russian and Eel rivers when the season is open.

Mendocino county fishing

Does anybody ever fish Mendocino County? I want to find out what is available around here. Catch and release is fine, I just want to know where I can go to start teaching myself trout fishing.

If there is not much in Mendo, how far do I have to go to find a good place?

Thanks