Re: Shad rolling slider hook rig???

This should help you out on tying a slider hook rig or a sliding snood rig.

The botton hook can be attached using a palomar knot .

Good luck.
    http://www.marinews.com/Sliding-Snoo...958a6b4522e462

Last year someone posted about this tool that helps you make a nail knot so had to have that gadget. *It's called a Tie-Fast. *I bought it from the place that makes them in Chico but noticed Cabelas carries it now. *Here's a pic:

Link for the tool at Cabelas Click Here

You can still buy it from the place in Chico.

The tool makes it easier to tie a nail knot. *You can use the tool to tie a nail knot on the fixed position hook, then use the same tool with another piece of line to tie a nail knot on the 2nd hook. *Because you used another piece of line, this hook will slide. *I use the tool to tie my mono to my lead core also. *Haven't used it much since I found the protroll harness.

This is the guy I bought it from in Chico, think he makes them
    Click Here
    There is a link on this page near the picture of the first tool that takes you to a video. *This video will show you how to use the tool. *The video requires Real Player to see it however. *I downloaded it to my PC to refer back to from time to time. *Good luck.

Tried to take pics on my own. *But did not work very good. *So I will try this.

1.Take it that you have your bottom hook already on a leader, put the leader through what will be your sliding hook.

Now take a different leader "all you need is a small piece 8 inches" and tie the top hook using above steps A-D...Remember PIC E from above you will be wrapping around that 24 inch leader.

If you look at step C above, before I put it back through the eye I will thread the end of the leader through 1st or 2nd wrap. *That way when tension is not applied to the end of the line it does not come unraveled.

Now instead of this where they both hooks are tied with 1 line.

I have this. *I have purposely left the tags long on the top hook to show that I used a seperate leader. *I will clip these as we. *Pic doesn't turn out very good. *But the top hook is able to slide "with resistance" on the main leader, and since it it through the eye of this hook if the knot would somehow weaken from the big one, the hook would still be attached to your main line.

I personally hope these work out ok cause I can tye about 4-1 compared to the sliding snood. *But we'll see.

Jon

------------DUKE--------------------- JON --------------------- BUSTER ----------------- TONI

1. I'm so ready to get my fingers pink...I can almost taste it.
    2. Fishing is my therapy.
    3. When all else fails....KISS it!

I tried tieing the slider hook with the strech miracle tread the kind they use on flatfish it works great.First time out 4.5 brown.Just run mono through eye of slider hook then use thread to snug hook to mono it keeps it just tight enough to work right.

nice link
    cant beat those pics thanks
    Pro-staff Slappy Tackle

Pro-staff Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve.
    Pro-staff Backwoods.

Very hard to tie, but practice and you will have it down. *I only wish I had 4 hands then it wouldn't be so bad. *

I have made a variation to the knot but it won't be tested until tomorrow. It sure is so much easier, just don't know how it will hold up yet. *

I'll try to explain:

I rig up the one hook on 2ft of line using the below link way.
    http://www.fishingkites.co.nz/fishin...ing_knots.html
    the only variation to this knot is that instead of going straight through the eye at the end of the knot I try to squeeze the line through 1 of the loops that you did around the hook, seems to hold tighter.

Then I take another hook and a seperate piece of line around 10 inches and I will make the same knot as above "BUT" before I start looping the hook I will also place the line from above on the new hook "before wrapping. *Then finish the knot on the new hook just like above and make sure you go through one of the loops before you cinch it up. *Tighten good and clip line from the 10in. on both top and bottom. I then put the 24 inch line through the eye of the top hook.

What I have is a hook that is attached to a 24in line and a hook that moves up and down on that line with resistance. *But like I said earlier it has not been tested yet. Until tomorrow. *We will see how the knots hold up and such. *I have plenty of both. *The right way and my way. *My way was just so much easier to do. *But sometimes easier isn't better.

If pics are needed I can try when I get home from work.

Hope it helps someone. *I sure got a lot of help from alot of sniffers out there.

Jon

------------DUKE--------------------- JON --------------------- BUSTER ----------------- TONI

1. I'm so ready to get my fingers pink...I can almost taste it.
    2. Fishing is my therapy.
    3. When all else fails....KISS it!

There pretty hard to tie, if you havent seen someone tie them before, but if you go to the kok forum under FAQ look for "how to tie a snood" It will give you a demo.

Joe

You can buy a 2 pak @FW that spro makes for
    $4.99.
    I haven't figured out that snelled slider rig yet.
    Probably a good time to ask about a #10 copper wire
    hammered flat on both ends set up.Any pics on that one?
    Pro-staff Slappy Tackle

Pro-staff Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve.
    Pro-staff Backwoods.

Shad rolling slider hook rig???

Anyone know how to tie a slider hook rig for rolling shad? My current rig just doesn't seem to get shad rolling well. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.