Re: Lake Clementine (Auburn, CA)

I usually take my float tube on the upper end of the lake. I fish for smallmouth bass though. I have never seen a trout there, but I'm sure they can be caught with some persistence. Also if you choose to hike up the river from the upper side, there are some good smallmouth bass holes.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by GCinGV
    it does have some good fishing for the warm water fish but just about everything else about it kind of sucks.
    GC

Guess that is why I've not seen much about it!

I've been trying some other spots (Loon, Union Valley, Stumpy Meadows/Edson) but I was thinking it might be nice to stick closer to home. Sounds like it is worth the drive to the other lakes though!

Extremely tough lake for Trout. My brother in law caught several nice ones trolling one day near the back of the lake with Rapalas years ago but we’ve never caught another Trout since. You can do well for the warm water species in the summer though. Black Bass including some Alabama Red Eye, Small Mouth, Sacramento Perch and White Catfish among others. For Bass spinner baits along the west shore in the afternoon during the summer work well. Cut bait works well for the Cats.
    Like Forest Hill said the Jet Ski and speedboat traffic is pretty bad though. Also you have to disconnect your trailer to park and during the warm months if you are not there very early you wont get a spot. Pretty sharp curves on the road going in as well. Like I said it does have some good fishing for the warm water fish but just about everything else about it kind of sucks.
    GC

Mr._Striper

Hey Foresthill, hows the fishing down at French Meadows at this time of the year?

A there buddy Ive fished clem. several times threw the years and had yet to catch a trout,in the warmer months the lakes a wake boarding joke darn near dangerous for a fisher men.I have caughten few smallies some large,there are also cats and squaw as far as trout go u mize well head up to Sugar pine which is planted or Oxebow 4 natives or the meadows or the hole.Well good luck and KEEP ON TROLLIN [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Mr._Striper

There are large mouth, small mouth, and trout. The fishing is "ok" but I would go up the mountain a little more and try out those lakes off of I80.

Lake Clementine (Auburn, CA)

Has anyone fished Lake Clementine? I live right in Auburn, but I've never tried this lake out, and don't recall reading anything about it. Being part of the American river, I would expect there to be several species in there.