Images

Re: bubble float question

i also like using this method. i use a 2-3 foot leader and put a flourecent trout worm or grub and jig it back. the bubble sinks slower. and if you want to fish the top, just take out a little water. i also attach flies, and small rapalas to the long leader too, and with the water weight in the bubble, you can heave it out there. and if nothing is working, just add more water and use it as a sinker and add a worm or power bait. i pretty much keep one pole premenately rigged with a water bobber while fishing lakes from shore.

Guys I have seen using them are trying to keep out of the rocks, like at Caples. They also keep you from getting stuck on submerged logs and tree stumps. Just make sure the leader is lighter than the mainline incase your hook gets locked up. Egg sinkers are cheaper though........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

The only drawbacks to the floating sinker system it that it'll cost a lot more $ for the bobbers vs egg sinkers. And if there's current or waves then the floatin sinker wont stay out where you want it.

Also the full water bobber will actually move around a bit so you will cover a little more of the bottom then with a egg sinker.
    Tiny

Using the float allows the worm to sink naturally without interference from any weight, I like to toss it out let it slowly sink to the bottom leave it there for a few seconds then give it a few cranks and let it sink slowly again. I keep the bail open and feed line with my fingers as the bobber sinks, when a fish hits I feed it some line and then set the hook. I just recently started using this method and have hooked into sunfish, bass, trout and even a kokanee, it's been killer for me. I use a whole worm hooked through the collar, the fish can't resist the subtle action of the worm slowly undulating through the water.

RIGHT...so do you run the line down through the middle of the center post ? And the float just acts like a slider on the line then and then it will stop at the swivel?
    That's how I do it.

how much leader?
    I use about a foot leader.
    Last edited by shadbuster; 08-16-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    Give a man a fish, he eats for one day, teach a man to fish and he takes all your fish!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RideNfish View Post
    I usually go egg slider but there are times the water filled bubble is better. If you don't have a lot of wind then the advantage of the bubble is how slow you can make it sink. Just leave a small air bubble in there and test it from shore to be sure it sinks. You can cast those things a long ways and if you are in deep water it will slowly sing to the bottom working the bait thru different possible strike zones. The egg slider as you know just bee-lines to the bottom. I also think the bubbles get snagged much less than the lead.

Just my .02

Cheers,
    RIGHT...so do you run the line down through the middle of the center post ? And the float just acts like a slider on the line then and then it will stop at the swivel? and how much leader?
    thanks!

I usually go egg slider but there are times the water filled bubble is better. If you don't have a lot of wind then the advantage of the bubble is how slow you can make it sink. Just leave a small air bubble in there and test it from shore to be sure it sinks. You can cast those things a long ways and if you are in deep water it will slowly sing to the bottom working the bait thru different possible strike zones. The egg slider as you know just bee-lines to the bottom. I also think the bubbles get snagged much less than the lead.

Just my .02

Cheers,

Images

sorry I was not specific i guess, this is not a question about a bobber. A clear bubble float is filled w/ water so that it slowly sinks along w/ the leader, and the blown worm (or power bait) floats off the bottom out of the weeds. My question is if anyone thinks this is better than an egg slider.

Images

there's 1,000 ways to fry a chicken and no one way is better than the other; it's all preference and what works for you. there's two basic ways to float a worm: from a bobber or float it off the bottom. you don't really need to use a weight when using a bobber. i HATE bobber fishing but i caught a few cuts and brookies up at a Sierra Lake with bobbers and weightless worms. you also could use an egg sinker, and blow the worm up with air to get it off the bottom that way.

Images

bubble float question

hey all, I was watching a guy using a bubble float, and a blown nightcrawler to get it up off the bottom. Is this rigged in place of a little egg slider? so you run the line through the center post, so that the float slides down to the swivel? how is this better than regular little egg slider? thanks!