Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lake Natoma

Images

Re: Lake Natoma

It's sadly true. Natoma is stocked only once a year for the salmon festival. The fish are released into a fenced off area in the water for easy fishing for kids. After the festival the fence is removed and what's left is free to go. What's left is not many considering the bank is lined with people catching limits all day. I don't actually know if they did this last year. It would be a super trophy fishery if they had a good stocking program. I've talked to f&g about why they don't stock it regularly and have been told over and over again that they are worried about the stockers contaminating the water coming out of the lake and feeding the hatchery. Seems to me that they want to make natoma a kayak/rowing lake and not much of a fishing lake. Occasionally u might find a biting trout but they are very few and far between. I've been fishing this lake for 25 years now and I catch one maybe every 5 to 10 outings. And that's during the best part of the year for fishing these trout. Just my 2 cents...

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jrsyboy87 View Post
    they do stock this lake and the state record was pulled out of here,ive been fishing this lake for 15 years, its slow but every fish i catch from there is quality! wanna catch a bunch of dinks? dont come here.
    they only stock it once a year for the salmon festival. please prove me wrong with proof! there is a small trout aren't caught... ITS BECAUSE THEY DON'T STOCK. they used to stock it but stopped years ago. they stock folsom but again not natoma

they do stock this lake and the state record was pulled out of here,ive been fishing this lake for 15 years, its slow but every fish i catch from there is quality! wanna catch a bunch of dinks? dont come here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    Lake Natoma does not get stocked. I think you are confusing it with Folsom which is getting regulat plants

Fish Re: Lake Natoma

lots of fish but no bites about 2 weeks ago nice lake but all the rowers and some very shallow spots north side of lake.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WLShafor View Post
    I think DFG just stocked it last week or the week before last. I went out there about 2 months ago trolled and had zero action. Saw a few kids fishing on the doc for bluegills I do not know of they landed anything.

If you go it's only $5 to park or $8 to launch your boat

Lake Natoma does not get stocked. I think you are confusing it with Folsom which is getting regulat plants

I think DFG just stocked it last week or the week before last. I went out there about 2 months ago trolled and had zero action. Saw a few kids fishing on the doc for bluegills I do not know of they landed anything.

If you go it's only $5 to park or $8 to launch your boat
    Regard Heaven as your father, Earth as your mother, and all things as your brothers and sisters.

The Big Kahuna

I only fished it twice an had no idea where to try an what to. use tried crawlers an had no Luck. But they say There is monster bows in there so with a try. Hey mfish I like huge bows where the good shore spots LOL I'm ready when you are LOL
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Natoma holds some HUGE Rainbows but it takes a lot of time and patience to learn how to catch them. I know some excellent spots from shore this time of year but I have yet to take the boat up by Rainbow Bridge and find some holes. I wonder if back-trolling would work up there when the releases from Folsom are higher

Troll a small orange flatfish.

+1
    Go to Folsom instead. Better chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast