Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Carson River Scout 04/26/12 (Pictures)

Unhappy Re: Carson River Scout 04/26/12 (Pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeLund View Post
    Rivers are running high. good news is we stocked about 1500 pounds of trophy trout on wendsday. We spread them out between the East and West fork of the carson river. Lots of very nice large fish. California fish and game has also been planting the area so there will be lots of fish to be caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    The weather has turned nice with cold mornings and warm afternoons. The W. Carson has fallen to more acceptable levels and the bite is hot at ICR. May be an excellent weekend.
    CC
    This is very good news!

Wish I could join y'all, have not met enough Sniffers... I've usually kept pretty much to myself in the past, except for Rosie - but I'll have to make an effort to be a little more social this year, now that I'm slowing down (:-P)
    Opening day on the Carson seems to be a great place and time for that, but I'll have to catchya later. (:-[
    Save a few for Rosie to chase, please!

TB

me helping Rosie prep her rod
    me helping Rosie prep her rod.jpg

Rose doesn't mess around with "Lightweight"

Re: Carson River Scout 04/26/12 (Pictures)

oops forgot to say that the breakfast is saturday from 7 to 10 hope to see everyone there

Richard...best of luck to you. Marinpaul, Jake and all my fishin buddies...not going to make opening day...makes me very sad...going to try for tues and weds...luck to you guys...Mariahpup

Blog Entries
    Images

The weather has turned nice with cold mornings and warm afternoons. The W. Carson has fallen to more acceptable levels and the bite is hot at ICR. May be an excellent weekend.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Images

Thanks for the pictures. The water appears super high. But the fish are "when and where you catch 'em." Fish on!

Blog Entries
    Images

Thank You TahoeLund. Is the Breakfast on Saturday or Sunday? Could always use pancakes.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Rivers are running high. good news is we stocked about 1500 pounds of trophy trout on wendsday. We spread them out between the East and West fork of the carson river. Lots of very nice large fish. California fish and game has also been planting the area so there will be lots of fish to be caught. If you do come up to enjoy the fishing make sure to stop in and see the new Woodfords station it is under new ownership and has some really good food and supplies. Also stop in and say hello to Todd at the East Fork Resort. Hope to see everyone in town for the Fishing. We will also have the annual Eastern Alpine Fire and Rescue Pancake breakfast at the Woodfords fire house. We will be serving breakfast starting at 7:00 and will go till we run out of food or people. The fire house is located on Diamond Valley Road right off Hwy 89/4 between woodfords and markleeville.

Ill be up there tomorrow after work for the weekend.. I got faith!

Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted View Post
    Can someone explain the deal with "the opener"? I'm familiar with the regulations that don't allow the use of bait during the winter, but for example the East Carson is listed on the DFG website as "open year round for barbless artificial lures only" and a limit of 0. Am I confused? Are you talking the Nevada side when drifting crawlers?
    The section of the East Carson Below Hangman's Bridge down to the Nevada border is a wild trout fishery. It is open all year with a limit of zero (0) and barbless hooks only. The rest of the East Fork of the Carson up to Carson Falls and the entire West Carson are open during the general trout season (last Saturday in April to November 15th) with general fishing rules.

CC

Can someone explain the deal with "the opener"? I'm familiar with the regulations that don't allow the use of bait during the winter, but for example the East Carson is listed on the DFG website as "open year round for barbless artificial lures only" and a limit of 0. Am I confused? Are you talking the Nevada side when drifting crawlers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast