Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Fishing hole by Livingston Cressey rd?

Re: Fishing hole by Livingston Cressey rd?

i live very close to this area and know it very well. i dint recommend you fish there there are better areas like if you go to mcconnell state park and walk the water down a few miles youll hook up with quite a bit of bass

Hush, now! You are giving away the secrets! [grin]

Quote Originally Posted by saizo View Post
    if you know what you are doing you can still catch bows all summer long. lots of bass crickets or crawdads are the best. we have even caught catfish to 9lbs drifting for trout.
    David

"Where's the water? 2015 is just around the corner!"

Cool Re: Fishing hole by Livingston Cressey rd?

Ok cool. Most peoole lump them up as perch also, lol. Just checkin'
    A bad fisherman will leave trash and take fish.
    A good fisherman will leave fish and take trash.

Hi Bass Boy,

I think of bluegill, green sunfish and rock bass as perch.

I remember years ago catching what I was told were tule perch. I don't know if any are still in the Merced drainage.

David

Quote Originally Posted by BASS BOY View Post
    FresnoJack, what do you mean by perch? Crappie? I don't think we have perch in this area. Not the perch with the yellow body and vertical black bands any way.

FresnoJack, what do you mean by perch? Crappie? I don't think we have perch in this area. Not the perch with the yellow body and vertical black bands any way.

if you know what you are doing you can still catch bows all summer long. lots of bass crickets or crawdads are the best. we have even caught catfish to 9lbs drifting for trout.

It is the Merced River.

Unfortunately, you have discovered an exception to Newton's Laws - an empty bait container weighs more than a full container. How else to explain the fact that those who carried them in are unable to carry them out.

The pool just before the RR bridge used to be good for channel cats and bass and the ocassional shopping cart

The river has a good number of bluegill and perch.

There is a trout bite in the Winter and Spring, but it ends about now as the water starts to warm.

You might want to access the river at McConnell State Recreation Area upstream from the Bridge and on the north side of the river.

You will have to pay a day use fee of about $8 but the area is safe and clean, with parking, restrooms and lots of shade. You can walk and wade in both directions.

David

[QUOTE=RainbowCupcake;871558]Not sure how many people fish here but I would love to hear any reports!! I went this last weekend and didn't catch squat but I don't think I was using the right bait/lures. I KNOW there are fish here because one decided to jump right where I had my line out as if to mock me lol.[QUOTE]

Yep, I use to fish there yrs back then. It is trashier than hell drive through there every week. The last time i fished it there was sign posted no parking and no trespassing. After that quit going there also watch out for thieves, its a hot spot to get your car broken into.

Live crawdads with a small split shot should get some action. If your willing to get a little wet, you can flip rocks and catch your own crawdads. I've caught quite a few threre myself. Mabye even make a small minnow/crawdsd trap tie it to a rope, bait it up and check/rebait when you head out there. Check the regs. as I think that area might be single hook and barbless, mabye live bait restrictions too. Sorry i've never fished it just played in the river there.

That would be the Merced River. I have never fished that location but the Merced is full of bass, also has bluegill and catfish. Try some topwater or small crankbaits fished in the shade of the trees and you should pick up some bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast