Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. CAMANCHE RAINBOWS… Limits of rainbow trout to 5 lbs have been common. Bank anglers are using dough bait while trollers pull grubs and Rapalas.
2. CLEAR LAKE BASS… The minnow bite is red hot for largemouth bass to 6 lbs. The most consistent action comes when working deep water areas.
3. SUISUN BAY STURGEON… Huge numbers of sturgeon are stacked up in Suisun Bay. Salmon roe is the top bait, but shrimp, eel and pile worms work too.
4. TAHOE MACKS… Deep water trollers are scoring easy limits of mackinaw to 10 lbs. Rigged minnows are the top offering, but small plugs and spoons work too.
5. LAKE AMADOR TROUT… Huge trout up to and beyond 10 lbs are being landed. Trollers are running Berkley Power Grubs, while bankies score with Power Eggs.
6. FORT BRAGG CRABS… Crabbing is winding down, but limits are still being caught. Focus on soaking poultry and fish scraps in water from 35 to 80 feet deep.
7. MONTEREY BAY SANDDABS… Boaters are hooking big numbers of the tasty flatfish, along with some mackerel. The fish are grabbing small jigs, tipped with small squid strips, in sandy areas of the bay.
8. UMPQUA STEELHEAD…Drift boaters are landing steelhead that range up to 20 lbs. Dime size pieces of cured roe work best, but plugs are fooling fish too.
9. COLLINS LAKE TROUT … Trouters are bagging limits while fishing from the bank. PowerBait, Pautzke Fire Bait and inflated worms are all generating strikes.
10. SHASTA BASS… Bassers have been hooking and releasing up to 25 bass per day. Small worms, Senkos and jigging spoons are producing spots to 3 lbs.
11. SOUTH S.F. BAY PERCH… Surfperch are moving into the south bay to spawn. Shrimp baits, mussels and pile worms are all drawing strikes.
12. PYRAMID TROUT … Boaters and fly guys are tangling with cutthroats to 20 lbs. Offerings that are purple, olive green or orange are working the best.
13. LAKE PARDEE OPENER… Lake Pardee will open for fishing on February 14, 2014. The trout action should be red hot for both bank anglers and trollers.
14. DELTA STRIPER TROLLING… With water temperatures inching up on the 50 degree mark striper trolling will get going by early March. Pull Yo-Zuris and other minnow plugs.
15. BERRYESSA KOKES… The first kokanee of the year typically show in early May. Troll Uncle Larry’s Spinners tipped with Pautzke Fire Corn for the best results.
16. SIERRA TROUT OPENER… Stream fishing is slated to open on April 26. Salmon eggs, worms and spinners typically work well on the opening weekend.Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
Newspaper Print Advertising
Reports & Blogs Entry Forms
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.