Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. ALMANOR SALMON… Trollers and moochers are bagging salmon that range up to 5 lbs. Trollers are speed trolling spoons, while moochers rely on anchovy tails
2. BODEGA ROCKFISH… Lights out bottomfish action is on tap for Sonoma Coast anglers. White shrimp flies fool the rockfish while metal jigs tempt bonus lings.
3. EAGLE LAKE RAINBOWS... Boaters are nailing trout while bait fishing with nightcrawlers under bobbers and trolling with plastic grubs, spinners and worms. The fish average 2 to 3 pounds each.
4. NEW MELONES KOKES… Anglers are hooking up to 70 kokanee per day. Uncle Larry’s Spinners are the ticket for hooking salmon that average 12 to 13 inches.
5. DELTA LARGEMOUTHS… Largemouth bass are hitting a variety of crankbaits and topwater lures. Most of the bass run 2 to 3 lbs, but fish to 9 lbs have been reported.
6. GOLDEN GATE POTLUCK… Variety is the word for live bait drifters. The rockfish and lingcod bite is outstanding and anglers are picking up stripers and halibut too.
7. UMPQUA SMALLIES … Anglers are hooking 40 to 60 bass per day that weigh up to 2 lbs. Topwaters work early and late, while crankbaits work when the sun is high.
8. CAMANCHE CATFISH… Whiskerfish as large as 12 lbs have been landed by bait soakers. Liver, night crawlers and mackerel fillets are the baits of choice.
9. HALF MOON ROCKFISH… Limits are the rule for rockfish anglers departing from Pillar Point. Swimbaits are producing some fish, but shrimp flies do the heavy lifting.
10. HAT CREEK BROOKIES… Hat Creek has been heavily stocked with brookies and rainbows. Red salmon eggs, crickets and gold Kastermaster all draw strikes.
11. STAMPEDE KOKANEE… Limit style kokanee trolling is on tap at this high mountain reservoir. Uncle Larry’s Spinners teamed with dodgers produce salmon to 14 inches.
12. PYRAMID SACRAMENTO PERCH… Worms and spinners are producing strikes from Sacramento perch. Most of the fish run 8 to 11 inches, but much larger fish are possible.
13. SAC RIVER SALMON…Salmon fishing will start on July 16. With strong numbers of salmon in the ocean, the opener promises to be outstanding.
14. AMADOR NIGHT BASS… By early July nighttime fishing for largemouth bass will be going strong at Amador. Spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and large plastic worms are the best offerings typically.
15. MANZANITA LAKE TROUT… The second half of July typically marks the beginning of consistent dry fly action. Small No. 16 and 18 flies will tempt trout to 7 lbs.
16. FEATHER RIVER KINGS… Salmon fishing will start on July 16. Based on the number of salmon that arrived this spring, the early action could be great.Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.