Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. GOLDEN GATE ROCKFISH… Rockfish and lingcod are providing exciting action along the Marin County Coast. Live anchovies pinned on 3 way rigs are producing easy limits of rockfish.
2. LAKE SHASTA ‘BOWS… North state trollers are loading up on rainbows in the 14 to 18 inch class while pulling shad imitating lures. The trout are holding from 40 to 70 feet deep.
3. BERRYESSA ‘KOKES… Trollers are nailing kokanee ranging up to 17 inches. Uncle Larry’s Spinners and Apex Lures teamed with 4/0 dodgers create the strikes.
4. DELTA FROG BITE… The frog bite is underway. Anglers are working yellow and white frogs along the edges of weed mats for largemouths to 9 lbs.
5. SANTA CRUZ ROCKS… Rockfish are providing limit-style action for Central Coast anglers. Shrimp flies and small plastic swimbaits are all you need to hook up.
6. SACRAMENTO RIVER SALMON… The action isn’t red hot but big 15 to 25 lb kings are being caught daily. Plugs work early and roe works throughout the day.
7. CAMANCHE CATS … Big catfish are on the feed. Anglers are soaking mackerel fillets, liver or dead bluegill after dark to tempt fish up to 10 lbs.
8. WINCHESTER BAY KINGS… Kings are stacking up in the bay as they prepare to enter the Umpqua. Trollers are scoring while pulling rigged herring.
9. BODEGA BOTTOMFISH… Limit-style action is the rule for rockfish anglers fishing off Bodega Bay. Shrimp flies and metal jigs are all you need to score.
10. PIT RIVER TROUT… Both fly and conventional tackle anglers are hooking rainbows to 16 inches. Dark colored nymphs and black Panther Martins are the top offerings.
11. TAHOE COMBO ACTION… Trollers are enjoying great mixed mackinaw and kokanee action. The macks grab minnows, while the ‘kokes go for Wedding Ring Spinners.
12. RYE PATCH RESERVOIR CATS… Catfish are providing steady action with many fish ranging from 5 to 10 lbs. Use carp meat and other cut baits.
13. HALF MOON BAY TUNA… There is plenty of bait offshore. If the tuna are going to show it should be within the next 4 to 5 weeks.
14. ROGUE FALL RUN… The fall salmon run generally produces big fish and epic fishing on the Rogue. Things get going in late August and the best fishing usually occurs in September.
15. SMITH RIVER KINGS… September should be trophy time for Smith River kings. Both roe and sardine wrapped plugs will draw strikes from fish up and beyond 30 lbs.
16. PITTSBURG STURGEON… Sturgeon fishing in the deep water areas of Suisun Bay below Pittsburg is generally great in late August. Roe and eel will produce bites.Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
Newspaper Print Advertising
Reports & Blogs Entry Forms
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.