Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. POINT SUR LINGCOD… Charter boaters from Moss Landing and Monterey are hooking limits of rockfish and lingcod off the Big Sur Coast. Shrimp flies, bars, jigs, swimbaits and live bait are all working.
2. EAGLE LAKE RAINBOWS… The trolling bite in the southern basin is very productive. Sep’s Grubs, threaded night crawlers and orange spoons produce ‘bows to 3 lbs.
3. DON PEDRO KINGS… The deepwater king salmon bite is going well for fish as large as 6 lbs. Rigged shad are the top offering, but hoochies and Apex Lures work too.
4. DELTA STRIPERS… The fall runs is just starting and trollers are hooking fish. For bass up to 8 lbs anglers are pulling minnow plugs down river from Rio Vista.
5. COLLINS LAKE CATS… Big hard pulling whiskerfish are on the prowl. Anglers are advised to soak mackerel, sardines or liver during the evening hours.
6. BODEGA BAY ROCKFISH… Limits of husky rockfish, along with lots of lingcod, have been the rule for charter boaters. Shrimp flies tipped with squid are the top producer, but jigs can also be effective.
7. WINCHESTER BAY SALMON… King salmon are starting to stack up in the bay. Anglers targeting them with rigged herring are hooking salmon that range from15 to 35 lbs.
8. CAMANCHE BASS… Structure anglers are catching 10 to 15 bass per day while working deep water rock piles. Drop shot rigs and jigs are doing the damage.
9. TAHOE KOKANEE… The kokanee bite at the south end of Lake Tahoe rolls forward. Fish up to a beyond 20 inches are grabbing pink spinners tipped with Pautzke corn.
10. GOLDEN GATE SALMON… Trollers and moochers are hooking king salmon. The fish are located between Duxbury and Point Reyes and range up to 34 lbs.
11. DEL VALLE CATFISH… Catfish are on the feed at the Livermore area impoundment. The south end is the top spot for soaking anchovies, worms and liver.
12. CAPLES TROUT … Trollers are bagging mixed limits of trout including rainbows, browns and macks. Threaded worms behind flashers generate strikes.
13. TRINITY RIVER STEELHEAD… Steelheading will get started on the Trinity in October and peak in early November. Both fly and conventional anglers will get in on the excitement.
14. ROGUE FALL RUN… The fall salmon run generally produces big fish and epic fishing on the Rogue. Things get going in late August and the best fishing usually occurs in September.
15. SMITH RIVER KINGS… September should be trophy time for Smith River kings. Both roe and sardine wrapped plugs will draw strikes from fish up and beyond 30 lbs.
16. PYRAMID LAKE CUTTHROATS… The trout season will open on October 1. Trollers using spoons and plugs and shore anglers casting spoons should both find success on the opener.Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
Newspaper Print Advertising
Reports & Blogs Entry Forms
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.