Welcome to the The Fish Sniffer Website.. Please register now.
1. DELTA STRIPERS… The water is now 54 degrees and the bass bite is on. Trollers are scoring well with Yo-Zuri minnow plugs tipped with plastic worms.
2. SAN PABLO STURGEON… Sturgeon are cruising the mudflats. Top baits for scoring a keeper are mud shrimp, ghost shrimp, pile worms and eel.
3. CAMANCHE RAINBOWS… Easy limits of rainbow trout are being landed by trollers working slowly. The top offering is chartreuse or white Power Grubs trolled at 1.2 mph.
4. FOLSOM BASS… Spotted bass and the occasional largemouth are being caught. Anglers are scoring while dragging jigs and shaking drop shot rigs.
5. MELONES TROUT… Both planter and holdover rainbows are being caught. The best strategy is to walk the banks while casting Kastmasters and flies teamed with bobbers.
6. GOLDEN GATE ‘DABS… Charter boaters departing from the Emeryville Marina have been scoring tasty sanddabs. On the way back in anglers are also nailing crabs.
7. BERRYESSA KINGS… King salmon are holding in the area near the dam. Rigged shad slow trolled are the most effective offering, but hoochies are working too.
8. ROGUE STEELHEAD… Anglers working the lower stretch of the river are hooking up. The most effective approaches are either plunking with roe or tossing spinners.
9. ENGLEBRIGHT TROUT… Both browns and rainbows are cooperating with boaters. Small Rapala minnow plugs and rigged worms are the most consistent producers.
10. CLEAR LAKE BASS… Wide open bassing is on tap for anglers drifting minnows. Some bass are holding beneath docks, but the best fishing occurs in deep water.
11. PYRAMID LAKE ‘CUTTS… Both trollers and fly casters continue to battle massive 10 plus pound trout. Purple and green lures and flies work best.
12. MONTEREY COMBOS … Charter boaters are scoring crab and sanddabs during combo adventures. Anglers are averaging 10 to 15 sanddabs per rod.
13. LAKE PARDEE OPENER… Lake Pardee will open for fishing on February 14, 2014. The trout action should be red hot for both bank anglers and trollers.
14. AMADOR NTAC TOURNEY… March 15 The Norcal Trout Anglers Challenge visits Amador. The low cost event features cash prizes and more.
15. COLUSA STRIPERS… Traditionally the best striper fishing takes place in April, but with low water conditions this year the bite should be underway by mid March.
16. SIERRA TROUT OPENER… Stream fishing is slated to open on April 26. Salmon eggs, worms and spinners typically work well on the opening weekend.
Back To P-Line's Go For It!!!
Newspaper Print Advertising
Reports & Blogs Entry Forms
The contents of this site are for the general information, convenience and entertainment of the public. Neither Fish Sniffer nor any of its principals, staff or representatives shall be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, or inconvenience incurred or experienced, related to these contents, and do not warrant their accuracy or reliability.